- Product 180375
Drawmer 1969 ME 2-Channel Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
The 1969 Mercenary Edition evolved from a collaboration between two of the audio industry's most established names, Drawmer (UK) and Mercenary Audio ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The 1969 Mercenary Edition evolved from a collaboration between two of the audio industry's most established names, Drawmer (UK) and Mercenary Audio (USA). When Ivor Drawmer rose to the challenge of outspoken US producer/engineer 'Fletcher' of Mercenary Audio to build a special version of the famed Drawmer 1960 (used by Eric Clapton, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Stevie Wonder, Bryan Adams and thousands of artists around the world) - both sides joined forces and the 1969 Mercenary Edition was born!
Based on Drawmer's original 1960 Mic Pre-Amp/Tube Compressor (itself inspired by the classic Fairchild 670), the 1969 offers a host of new features, and more impressively - a completely new sound!
Retaining the concept of twin mic pre-amps, the 1969 uses 'Burr-Brown' op amps for a silkier sound - and a Phase Reverse switch available in Instrument, Mic and Line modes increases versatility. The 1969 employs true Stereo Link operation with channel one's Threshold, Attack and Release controls becoming master to both channels. Stereo Link also offers a BIG position which retains bass frequencies by rolling off the detection signal at 100Hz minimizing undesirable pumping during compression. Output Gain make-up can be independently controlled on each channel._The 1969 Mercenary Edition incorporates new tube circuits designed to add warmth to mic/line signals, and the instrument (DI) pre-amp has its own tube stage enabling classic overdrive effects when inserting guitar, bass and other instruments - true to the original Drawmer 1960 design.
- 2 mic/line pre-amps with variable gain, 48V phantom power, filters and phase reverse
- Instrument tube pre-amp with variable gain, EQ, phase reverse and brightness boost
- 2 soft-knee tube compressors with variable threshold, attack, release and output gain
- True stereo link operation with BIG position for retaining bass frequencies.
- Side chain access and side chain listen facility
- VU metering of gain reduction and output levels
- Individual +4dB/-10dB inserts / Balanced +4dB XLR input/output connectors
- (All measurements taken at +4dBu operating level)
- INPUT IMPEDANCES: LINE 20K Ohm
- MIC 150 Ohms to 600 Ohms_AUX 2.2M Ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +20dBu
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 50 Ohms
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL: +22dB (balanced)
- BANDWIDTH: <10Hz to 22KHz -1dB
UNITY GAIN NOISE:
- BYPASS: -95dB
- LINE :-85dB_MIC (E.I.N.) -134.5dB shorted ,-130.5dB @ 150 Ohms -129.8dB @ 200 Ohms
- DISTORTION @ 1Khz:
- Line Input with BYPASS selected,< 0.1%
Line Input with NORMAL selected,< 0.35%
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-120Volt or 195-250Volt at 50-60Hz, 38 Watts, FUSE RATING 250mA for 240Volt, 500mA for 120Volt, CONFORMING TO BS EN 60127-2:1991 SHEET III
- FUSE TYPE: 20mm x 5mm, Class 3 Slo-Blo, 250Volt working
- CASE SIZE: 482mm (w) x 88mm (h) x 250mm (d)
- WEIGHT: (incl packaging) 6.0 Kgs
- RELEASE TIMES:
- 1 100 ms
- 2 500 ms
- 3 1 sec
- 4 200 ms to 2 sec semi-automatic/signal dependant
- 5 500 ms to 5 sec semi-automatic/signal dependant
- 6 Automatic 1 sec to 10 sec signal dependant