- 180420 000000000 180420000000000
Drawmer SP2120 Speaker Protector
- Write a Review
Step 1: Insert key to unlock front panel and adjust VU meter preset until the peaks of the incoming audio illuminate the red endstop 0dB LEDs. Step ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Sound system protection in two easy steps.
Step 1: Insert key to unlock front panel and adjust VU meter preset until the peaks of the incoming audio illuminate the red endstop 0dB LEDs.
Step 2: Adjust max output level preset until sound system volume reaches the maximum permitted SPL as specified by the installer or client. Remove key . . . and sleep soundly.
The Drawmer SP2120 Speaker Protector offers both strict level control and tremendous peace of mind to the contractor, installer and venue in the knowledge that only the maintenance engineer and the venue manager hold a key. As its name suggests the 1U, two channel processor eliminates the possibility of 'unauthorized' excessive sound pressure levels on speaker systems which could result in damage to both chassis drivers and amplifier electronics. The unit also gives a wide variety of venues, such as clubs, theaters, pubs, schools, universities etc. the opportunity to comply with the local legislation regarding noise levels.
The SP2120 front panel features an integral security lock to ensure that adjustments to maximum volume levels are implemented by key holders only. In 'unlocked' mode two front panel presets are exposed and available for adjustment by the installer. The first calibrates the 16 segment Left/Right bargraphs to the incoming audio and dictates the point at which 'protection' processing commences. The second sets the absolute volume level to which the sound system is allowed to perform. If the SP2120 receives increased signal levels, the transparent 'protection' circuitry is activated which maintains the specified system volume level without degradation in sound quality.
The SP2120 greatly benefits from Drawmer's 25 years experience in designing industry standard dynamic processing devices. Its signal path combines a mixture of 'multiple time constant' circuitry and automatic gain control (AGC) which allow small overloads to sound louder - even though they're not. Its concept and development was encouraged by Drawmer distributors and installers dissatisfied with other protection systems currently available. These often take the form of a crude switch, either turning off the power or disconnecting the speakers, both of which are 'disruptive' in any event.
The SP2120 is intended to be inserted in the sound system immediately prior to the amplifier stage.
- Key Holder access only
- Takes only minutes to install
- Dual 16 segment Left/Right bargraphs for 'at a glance' level metering
- 'Protection' processing 16 segment bargraph display
- No sound quality loss even during heavy protection processing
- Once installed and calibrated completely eliminates the possibility of 'unauthorized' volume levels
- Eliminates sound system abuse and the resulting cost of chassis speaker re-cones, HF diaphragm replacements and amplifier repairs
- Reduces 'call-out' costs of sound system service/repair engineers
- Reduces sound system 'down time' and the consequential loss of venue income
- Isolation transformer output option
- Crosstalk: >90dB at 20kHz
- Noise: -99dB (Unity gain ref +4dBu/22Hz-22kHz)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Output Level: Variable. Infinity to +14dBu
- Balance: >40dB (22Hz-22kHz)
- Input Impedance: 30K Ohms
- Max Input Level: +27dBu
- CMR: >40dB (22Hz-22kHz)
- Balanced XLR in/out. Pin 1 screen (earth), Pin 2 + (positive), Pin 3 - (negative)
- Isolation Transformer option for Output stage
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.