- Product 242514
E-mu 1616 Laptop CardBus Digital Audio System
- Write a Review
The E-MU 1616 Laptop CardBus Digital Audio System is both powerful and portable. It includes a PCMCIA card and compact MicroDock audio/MIDI interface...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Incredible sound quality and DSP power at an affordable price.
The E-MU 1616 Laptop CardBus Digital Audio System is both powerful and portable. It includes a PCMCIA card and compact MicroDock audio/MIDI interface and delivers the same powerful DSP effects, zero-latency monitoring, and pristine 24-bit/192kHz A/D/A converters as E-MU's best-selling PCI Digital Audio Systems. The E-MU PCMCIA card can be used alone for its DSP power and studio-quality headphone amp or plugged into the MicroDock for a total of 16 inputs and 16 outputs plus MIDI I/O, including 2 custom preamps with Neutrik connectors, 48V phantom power, and an analog soft limiting circuit for clip protection. Ships with ASIO2 and WDM drivers for Windows XP and 2000, as well as the new Production Tools software bundle that includes E-MU's Proteus X LE, plus software by Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more--everything you need to create, record, edit, master, and burn your music.
- High-quality 24-bit/192kHz converters
- Hardware-accelerated effects--over 600 standalone and E-MU Power FX VST plug-in effects with no CPU overhead
- Zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring with super-flexible patchbay--no external mixer needed
- Ultraportable MicroDock offers 16 inputs/16 outputs plus MIDI I/O--everything from balanced analog and turntable inputs to ADAT and S/PDIF (switchable to AES/EBU)
- 2 studio-grade, low-noise preamps with analog soft limiter--featuring Neutrik connectors, 48V phantom power, 60dB of gain, and true Hi-Z inputs
- Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications--ultralow latency 24-bit/192kHz ASIO 2.0 and WDM drivers
- Production Tools Bundle includes Steinberg's Cubase LE and WaveLab Lite, Ableton
- Live 4 Lite for E-MU, IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE and T-RackS EQ, Minnetonka diskWelder BRONZE, SFX Machine LT, plus E-MU-s Proteus X LE Desktop Sound Module
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
The E-MU 1616 Laptop CardBus Digital Audio System is perfect! I already own and use a Roland stand-alone 8 track, a TASCAM US-122, and other digital recording equipment. They are fine systems, but all of them have a few flaws--such as not enough channels, not enough memory, latency problems, and others. The E-MU hardware is solidly built, has every feature imaginable, and does not take up much space. The system comes bundled with "lite" versions of every type of digital software you will ever need. Because of this, I am able to collaborate with others here in Tokyo, and back in America. E-MU has hit a Grand Slam with this system. For those without laptops (I own a Toshiba), sorry :>(
This is a great audio interface for a laptop. Setup is rather simple and works as expected. It has many input options from Hi-Z to line ins, RCA, S/PDIF etc. The patchmix software that you must use in conjunction with the 1616 is confusing at times, especially if you are doing complicated routing. I would recommend making your own save file with the monitor volume down so that when you load it up your speakers don't explode, or your ears for that matter. Overall I am very pleased with this recording solution. Works flawlessly with SONAR 5, 6, and 7. Good quality sounding inputs, with phantom power to boot. You can't go wrong with this, a very serious audio interface for a PCMCIA compatible laptop.