- Product 706241
E-mu Emulator X2 Software Sampler
- Write a Review
Emulator X2 Software Sampler for PC is the culmination of over 30 years of sampler development that offers the pristine sound quality, powerful synth...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Automated sampling, powerful synthesis, total control!
Emulator X2 Software Sampler for PC is the culmination of over 30 years of sampler development that offers the pristine sound quality, powerful synthesis and filters of E-MU's legendary hardware samplers and introduces a host of new groundbreaking tools that includes SynthSwipe automated hardware sampling, TwistaLoop non-destructive audio manipulator, Morph Filter Designer to create custom filters, Multi-Function Generator for advanced LFO/envelope/arpeggiator programming, advanced Transform Multiply convolution DSP tool, real-time control of multiple loop points, REX2 and MP3 import, and much, much more. Emulator X2 still offers the unmatched sound quality of E-MU's pristine 24-bit/192kHz sound engine and patented pitch interpolation, and can be run either standalone (64 MIDI channels) or as a VST instrument (16 MIDI channels per instantiation). Emulator X2 runs on Windows XP and includes over 3GB of sounds and a 2in/2out USB MIDI interface.
SynthSwipe is a sampling tool that will automatically sample and create playable presets from any hardware or software MIDI instrument. Simply set the initial sampling parameters (i.e. key range, how many notes, how many velocities per note, velocity range) and SynthSwipe does the rest with the utmost precision. SynthSwipe is an invaluable tool for sound designers and anyone who wants to bring their old synth and sound module soundsets into the computer.
TwistaLoop is a tool that automatically analyzes any audio by dissecting it into its rhythmic components, allows the editing of this audio with multiple loop points and regions, and offers total control over tempo with real-time audio time expansion/compression - all with E-MU's patented pitch interpolation for unmatched audio fidelity.
Morph Filter Designer
The Morph Filter Designer provides users with filter creation tools that E-MU's sound designers have been using for years to create the legendary morphing Z-Plane filters. The Morph Filter Designer now allows the construction of all-new exotic filter types that can be morphed from one type to another in real-time.
The Multi-Function Generator offers advanced LFO/envelope/arpeggiator programming, providing three function generators per voice that are directly tied into Emulator X2's powerful synthesis architecture (over 100 parameters). These Function Generators have several key sync and direction modes that enable complex levels of control, and can be programmed to modulate pitch, filters, volume, retrigger samples or LFO's, change tempo or trigger other events.
Transform Multiply is a convolution DSP tool that creates new sounds by combining the timbral and time elements of two signals in a way that reinforces frequencies common to both sources and discards frequencies not present in both. This powerful tool is applicable to everything from adding a custom reverb (by adding a reverb impulse to another sound) to full blown voice articulation of musical instruments (combining speech with an instrument)
- Automated sampling, pitch detection and preset creation with integrated waveform editor
- Powerful synthesis architecture with over 50 Z-Plane filters and 100 tempo-based parameters per preset
- Standalone (64 MIDI channels) or VSTi operation (16 MIDI channels per instantiation)
- Sound Engine supports RAM and streaming playback
- Integrated effects processors
- 2in/2 out USB MIDI interface
- Comprehensive sound format support, including EOS, EIII, GigaSampler, MP3, REX2, .AIFF, SoundFont 2.1, .WAV and more
- Ships with over 3GB of sounds, including the complete Proteus 2000 soundset, a stunning 1.5GB Grand Piano, 24-bit drums and grooves and more - additional soundsets available
- Native USB port (for E-MU Xmidi 2x2 USB/MIDI Interface), or an installed E-MU Digital Audio System, E-MU USB Audio Interface or E-MU Xboard USB/MIDI Controller
- Genuine Intel® Pentium® III or AMD® K6® class processor or higher operating at 1.5GHz or faster (Pentium® 4 at 2.4GHz or faster recommended)
- Intel®, AMD® or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
- 512MB System RAM (1GB or greater recommended)
- 7200 RPM hard disk or faster recommended for streaming
- 200MB of free hard disk space for minimum installation (3.5GB needed for full sound library installation)
- Windows® XP
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
- XVGA Video (1024 X 768)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I've been using Emulator X since the first version, and I've got to say this is the most flexible and powerful sampler available. This only thing that can compete is Gigastudio, but since you can't use it as a VSTi, this is the way to go.A couple caveats though. The interface is a little confusing at first, and the learning curve is steep, but if you're into beat slicing, sampling, and sound manipulation at all, this is the way to go.Competent professionals will get the greatest satisfaction out of this software, but even for beginners you'll love the out of the box sounds you can get with this, and at the price it sells for just the bundled sounds alone are worth it.Beginners should buy this for the great bundled sounds, and as they use it more and more they will find as they grow as an artist this software will open up musical possibilities that they couldn't have imagined when buying it.Professionals will love the flexibility.