- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
E-mu EmulatorX Sampling System with 1212M
- Write a Review
- Product 706276
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A true professional sampling system redesigned from the ground up, offering musicians and sound engineers unprecedented tools for automated sampling ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Build presets and automate your sampling like never before!
A true professional sampling system redesigned from the ground up, offering musicians and sound engineers unprecedented tools for automated sampling and preset creation. The integrated waveform editor, unrivalled synthesis engine, and patented Z-Plane morphing filters deliver hands-on control over your sounds right down to the sample level with the perfect balance of usability and raw sonic potential. Only Emulator X delivers the best of both worlds - true professional sampling, synthesis and sound quality with all the advantages of software.
Connectivity includes 2 - 1/4" balanced analog I/Os, 24/192 ADAT I/O switchable to S/PDIF, 24/96 S/PDIF I/O switchable to AES/EBU, MIDI I/O, plus a FireWire port.
Automated sample acquisition and preset creation
Sampling is as easy as loading a preset with Emulator X's intelligent, automated sampling and preset creation from both external audio and batch files, allowing you to turn a WAV file into a fully functioning preset in seconds with a single click of your mouse.
Integrated waveform editor
Emulator X provides you with a host of professional DSP tools that you've come to expect from E-MU (e.g., Gain Change, Time Compression/Expansion, Sample Calculation w/automatic digital tuning), giving you total control over your samples.
Advanced synthesis architecture
No software sampler can match the depth of the Emulator X synthesis engine, with 36 patch cords per voice, over 50 patented Z-Plane morphing filters, multi-wave LFOs, conditional voice modulation, clock modulation, and a host of other synthesis features and parameters. You can even save your favorite synth setups as templates for quick editing.
E-DSP hardware-accelerated multi-effects processor
Offers you more than 20 hardware-accelerated effects (over 500 presets), freeing your computer from running CPU-intensive plug-ins that limit your audio performance. The E-DSP effects architecture is fully expandable, allowing you to add more effect plug-ins to your system as needed.
The EmulatorX is now shipping with the new Power FX software update, giving users the ability to run over 600 hardware-accelerated effects as VST plug-ins for Cubase and other applications. Power FX also introduces EMU's first expansion plug-in, with new reverb and delay effects.
PatchMix DSP mixing and monitoring
E-MU's PatchMix DSP delivers 32 channels of zero-latency hardware mixing and monitoring, delivering unmatched flexibility in routing audio between all of your physical and virtual (ASIO/WDM) inputs and outputs -- no external mixer needed.
Mastering-grade E-MU 1212M 24-bit/192kHz Audio Interface
EmulatorX ships with the E-MU 1212M, a PCI card with premium 24-bit/192kHz converters—the same A/D converters used in Digidesign's flagship ProTools HD 192 I/O interface. The E-MU 1212M guarantees pristine sound and offers seamless integration with your favorite audio/sequencer applications with ultralow latency WDM, DirectSound, and ASIO 2.0 drivers.
- Automated sampling, pitch detection, and preset creation with integrated waveform editor
- Advanced synthesis architecture with over 50 Z-Plane filters and 100 tempo-based parameters per preset
- Standalone or VSTi operation
- Sound engine supports RAM and streaming playback
- I/O configuaration:
- 2 - 1/4" balanced analog I/Os
- 24-bit/192kHz ADAT I/O switchable to S/PDIF 24-bit/192kHz S/PDIF I/O switchable to AES/EBU MIDI I/O
- FireWire port
- E-DSP hardware-accelerated multi-effects processor with over 500 presets
- Comprehensive sound format support
- Ships with over 2GB of sounds
- 1212M package includes:
- E-MU 1010 PCI card
- E-MU 0202 I/O daughter card
- I/O card cable
- Mini-DIN MIDI adapter cables
- Quick Start guides for EmulatorX and E-MU 1212M
- EmulatorX Software CD-ROM
- 4 EmulatorX Sounds CD-ROMs
- Operation Manual on CD-ROM
- Creative Professional Software CD-ROM
- Windows 2000 and XP Drivers
- E-MU PatchMix DSP
- E-MU E-DSP FX Library
- Audio software package on CD-ROM
- Over 2GB of Truly Useful Sounds
- EmulatorX ships with these killer sounds:
- X Producer - 1 CD
- Proteus Composer - all 1024 presets from E-MU's Proteus 2000 sound module
- E-MU General MIDI - collection of sounds for use with standard MIDI files
- Hip Hop Producer - over 100 of E-MU's legendary urban sounds
- Saint Thomas Strings - symphonic strings
- Studio Grand - 2 CDs
- E-MU's definitive sampled grand piano, optimized for the Emulator X streaming engine
- Beat Shop One - 1 CD
- Acoustic Drum Kits - brand new modern, rock and studio kits
- Loops and Grooves - 6 banks of loops and grooves, at a variety of BPM tempos
Take a quantum leap in your sampling and digital sound processing. Get the EmulatorX/1212M bundle today!
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Genuine Intel Pentium III or AMD K6 class processor or higher operating at 1__GHz or faster (Pentium 4 at 2_ GHz or faster recommended)
- Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
- 512MB System RAM (1GHz or greater recommended)
- 7200 RPM hard disk
- 200MB of free hard disk space for minimum installation (3GB needed for full installation)
- Windows 2000 SP 4, Windows XP SP 1 or greater
- PCI 2.1 compliant slot for E-MU 1010 PCI card
- Adjacent PCI slot for E-MU 0202 I/O daughter card
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive required for software installation
- XVGA Video (1024 X 768)
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
This was the worst product purchase I have ever made. The manual is useless and the applications that come with it are complicated and stripped of features. I can't send this thing back soon enough. If I didn't spend $ I would enoy the pleasure of breaking the thing in half.
Very deep tool packed with all the features you need to make good music. Sounds and sound quality is incredible, one of the best I have heard. Slight learning curve however it pays off when you learn how to manipulate it. Over all the best soft sampler on the market. Make sure you download all of the updates from EMU before you use it or else you will be dissatisfied. This something you must own to form a creditable opinion so do not listen to any negative outdated reveiws online.
I'm a longtime E-mu sampler user (E4K sampling keyboard) and the Emulator X is a fantastic software/hardware version of E-mu's famous sampling products. Consider that several years ago, an E-mu sampler cost thousands of dollars and this product is an incredible steal!
I was new to digital recording, previously I had done a decent amount of cassette recordings, with only about 30 minutes of studying, I was ready to record. Great quality, infinite editing and tweaking can be. I buy it again in a heartbeat.