- Write a Review
40kHz multi-use hypercardioid condenser microphone.
You'll love what the Earthworks SR40 high-definition cardioid mic does for your recordings and live performances. Its 30Hz-40kHz frequency response means you're capturing a far wider range than most mics can touch. The result? Better depth and a truer sound that includes more high-frequency overtone content. You'll also appreciate how well the SR40²s true cardioid pickup pattern rejects outside sources, and how it gives you impressive gain before feedback.
Extended frequency response to 40kHz
Multi-purpose hypercardioid microphone
Extremely high gain before feedback
Textbook cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
Excellent for both live performance and recording applications
Transparent sound quality
Shorter diaphragm settling time
30Hz - 40kHz frequency response
Easily isolate instruments in a recording or live performance setting
Excellent isolation for live or recording settings, order today!
Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
Output: Male XLR-3 balanced (pin 2+)
Output Impedance: 100Î, balanced (50Î ea. pin 2 & 3)
Min Output Load: 600Î between pins 2 & 3
Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
Dimensions L x D: 250mm x x 22mm (9.84 x .860 inches)
Weight: .5 lb (225g)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.