- Product 706913
EastWest Ministry of Rock Virtual Instruments Collection
- Write a Review
Ministry of Rock is a huge collection of rock drums, basses, and guitars recorded in EastWest Studio 2. This virtual instrument collection is a moder...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Heavy sonics and massive rock sounds to power your productions.
Ministry of Rock is a huge collection of rock drums, basses, and guitars recorded in EastWest Studio 2. This virtual instrument collection is a modern day rock toolkit that covers a myriad of styles. Songwriters, film, TV, and game composers as well as drummers and guitarists will find this library fun and useful. It features great sound quality and playability.
The Ministry of Rock collection features sounds used in today's popular music and the entire library was created with one goal in mind: to create a virtual instrument capable of producing sounds that could actually produce a hit record or film score without any live drum, bass, or guitar overdubs. Articulations and programming was all reverse engineered from actual performances.
Powered by EastWest's PLAY 64-bit (and 32-bit) Advanced Sample Engine with built-in Network Control (plug-in or standalone), this virtual instrument combines intuitive handling with excellent sound quality, and functions as a plug-in instrument, without the need for a sampler. It includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend smoothly with those collections.
Load more thanks to 64-bit support
64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM (32-bit support is included also)
While most high-end computers will support 16GB, a very small set of high-performance enterprise computers (with Microsoft Vista Ultimate) can already use 128GB of RAM. As hardware develops, the theoretical limit is 17,179,869,184 gigabytes = 16 exabytes, or 17 billion gigabytes.
If you still need more power, the built-in NETWORK CONTROL allows you to load instruments on other machines controlled from your host computer. This means no more trips back and forth between computers, or KVM switching when loading projects. This also means there's no need to buy additional software. The PLAY system is a professional, fully integrated solution for those with the most demanding production requirements.
All instruments are listed in one browser
The easy-to-use browser displays all of your instruments with a Favorites section to group the instruments you use most, and a way to preview your instrument of choice in an easy-to-use column viewer. Load instruments into one instance to take advantage of your sequencer's instrument tracks, or several if you so desire. The interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
Forget browsing through complicated patch names: pick the instrument and play, and turn on/off articulations as you wish. The Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts). You can save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval.
PLAY senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly.
PLAY allows the user to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways. Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels. Mono from left, Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono.
Control all mic positions for the orchestra, choirs, pianos, and other instruments with multiple mic positions with the built-in mic mixer. You can now do it right in the patch. Load, unload, adjust, pan, mute mic positions as you wish. Simply pick your instrument, and PLAY.
This great sounding, powerful effects engine was built from the ground up for the highest possible quality. The Reverb section includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EASTWEST studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio). It also provides some of the smoothest filters you'll ever hear, and specialized effects, including the first Artificial Double Tracking (ADT) software available.
The high-quality resampling engine was built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible. It allowed the engineers design instruments every step of the way without compromise.
- Produced by Quantum Leap producer Nick Phoenix
- Approximately 20GB of rock drums, basses, and guitars recorded in EastWest Studio 2
- Legato bass and guitar samples
- Legato and staccato repetitions
- Truly playable rhythm guitars and leads, clean, and distorted
- Release samples
- Guitars and basses recorded in dual amp configurations and software allows user to choose amp, or mix the sound from both amps,
- Dynamic bass that can play everything from ballads to the most hardcore music imaginable
- Round robin bass drums, snares, toms, and hi-hat
- Performance drum hits extracted from live playing
- Featuers the studio 2 rock drum sound featured on countless gold and platinum records
- Drumkits:, Octaplus (9 Toms), Ayotte, Ludwig, Gretch (the actual kit used to make Metallica's "Black" record)
- Optimized for use with Roland VDrums
- Drums utilize PLAY's easy replacement feature
- Basses: Fender P-Bass Custom, Fender 5-String, Specter, Kubiki, and Musicman basses all recorded through an Ampeg SVT rig and an Ashdown rig
- Guitars: Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, Ibanez Universe 7, and a PRS all recorded through Marshall, Fender, Bogner, Vox, and Budda amps
- A complete high-performance sample management system
- Offers native support for many platforms
- Network support for large studios, expandable systems
- 64-bit supports next generation operating systems
- High sound quality (ground-up effects, highest quality interpolation)
- The best virtual instruments from the multiple award-winning EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP producers
- Intuitive controls, custom designed for each library
- Complete portability
Order now and get 20GB of modern drum, guitar and bass sounds.
Ministry of Rock Virtual Instruments Collection
- System Requirements:
- 20GB free hard disc space
- DVD Drive
- iLok Security Key (a free soundsonline.com account is required for retrieving and managing iLok licenses)
- Internet connection required for one-time product activation
- Minimum Requirements for Mac
- G4 1GHz or faster, 1GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4, DVD drive
- Recommended for Mac
- Core Duo or better processor, 2GB RAM
- Minimum Requirements for PC
- P4 2.5Ghz or faster, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP 2 or Vista, sound card, DVD drive
- Recommended for PC
- Core Duo or better processor, 2GB RAM, sound card with ASIO drivers
- Included for both Mac & PC
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions included
- Supported Interfaces
- Win: VST, ASIO, DirectSound
- Mac: VST, Audio Units, Core Audio
- RTAS: MAC is supported.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This program, like other EastWest products, contains highly detailed samples which can be used to create very present and convincing recordings. Unfortunately, they use massive amounts of memory. They require the use of a very high end computer. Using these programs together may require multiple computers running in tandum. If you are looking for something to make it easier to make rock music, this is not what you want.
I won several Eastwest products now and this one is considered to be a highlight. I Love the guitars and the Metallica drum sounds are just perfect for all my composing. using the Play sampler now for a while I must say it is a very easy to learn and use interface. I first thought I might miss some features from Kontakt but I have to say I use these products as they are and that does my songs much better. Well done Eastwest!