- Product 580457
EastWest Quantam Leap SILK Ethnic Virtual Instrument Software
- Write a Review
All instruments featured in EastWest Quantam Leap's SILK: Masters of the Silk Road are multi-sampled with extreme attention to detail offering virtua...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
25 GBs of multi-samples and real performances by masters of instruments from China, India, and Persia.
All instruments featured in EastWest Quantam Leap's SILK: Masters of the Silk Road are multi-sampled with extreme attention to detail offering virtual instrument software that delivers maximum expression. SILK software contains extensive articulations, interval sampling (where appropriate), round robin (alternate samples), legato scripting, and phrases to give the feeling of smooth effortless performance—as smooth as...silk. Each musician recorded for Quantum Leap SILK is a master of his instrument, providing the best and most accurate sound samples available. The collection also allows users to adapt the virtual instruments using dozens of useful micro tunings in the key of their choice. This microtuning system is the first of it's kind, and is a true breakthrough for EastWest's PLAY 32-bit/64-bit sample engine with its improved interface.
Intended as an extension of Quantum Leap RA, Quantum Leap SILK looks to give users access to rare instruments from across Asia played masterfully by renowned artists. Extensive scripting is employed in SILK along with the PLAY 64-bit (with 32-bit capability) sample engine, offering composers a lot of control over the end result. PLAY's scripting, microtuning, and convolution reverb are a powerful combination, making it an unparalleled interface for these sounds. SILK is revolutionary in that the microtuning and scales actually teach users how to employ these sounds in an authentic way.
The incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments hail from China, Persia and India. You get 20 gigs of multi-samples and 5 gigs of authentic performances, with recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinhu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30 piece string section, dilruba, and bansuri. The master musicians were recorded at East West Studios and Capitol Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles, and Meitner converters.
Instruments from Persia
Electric Cello (bowed string)
Kemenche (bowed string)
30 piece string section (bowed string)
Instruments from China
Erhu (bowed string)
Zhonghu (bowed string)
Jinhu (bowed string)
Suona low (brass)
Suona high (brass)
Dizi low (wind)
Dizi hi (wind)
Instruments from India
Dilruba (bowed string)
PLAY isn't just a sampler. The PLAY system is a professional, fully integrated sample playback software solution for those with the most demanding production requirements. Its 64-bit support (available as a download for Mac users) allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM. 32-bit support is included also.
If you still need more power, PLAY's network control allows you to load instruments on other machines controlled from your host computer. That means no more trips back and forth between computers and no more KVM switching when loading projects. There's also no need to buy additional software.
The PLAY interface is designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument. All the instruments are listed in one easy-to-use browser which displays all of your instruments. It includes a favorites section to group the instruments you use most. You can also preview your instrument of choice in an simplified column viewer. Load instruments into one instance to take advantage of your sequencer's instrument tracks, or into multiples if you so desire.
The Interface automatically changes to display current instrument whatever you do.
As far as articulations, you can forget browsing through complicated patch names. Just pick the instrument and play, and turn on/off articulations as you wish. The Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts). Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval.
PLAY is full of many other helpful features too. It has a legato detection that senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly. It allows you to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways, like the Stereo Swap which lets you instantly swap the left and right channels (Mono from left, Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono). Th playback engine was built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible. The powerful effects engine has a reverb section which includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio). It also gives you incredibly smoothest filters. The iLok security system that PLAY uses ensures you complete portability, allowing you take your plug-in anywhere you want for use on any computer, and to authorize and manage up to 100 per one key.
PLAY is natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems.
- Includes PLAY, a 64-bit (with 32-bit compatibility) advanced sample engine with built-in Network Control (plug-in or standalone)
- User interface custom designed for each virtual instrument, including only the controls needed
- 64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM
- Easy-to-use browser displays all of your instruments
- Interface automatically changes to display current instrument
- Articulation list shows all expressions within the instrument with no need to look up key-switches
- Real-time performance analysis detects legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly
- Stereo handling allows swapping left and right channels, mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum
- Load, unload, mix, pan, mute mic positions with built-in mic mixer (Pianos, Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choirs)
- Great sounding and powerful effects engine, including impulse response reverb, filters, and specialized effects such as Artificial Double Tracking (ADT)
- High-quality resampling engine
- Custom engine allows us to design instruments without compromise
- Easy authorization system puts licenses on hardware iLok, allowing you to take your software on any computer
- Natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems so you can play no matter what your platform
- More native support than other plug-ins
- Load as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application
- AU, VST, Standalone, Intel Mac, PPC Mac, Windows XP and Vista, 64-bit, 32-bit
- Win: VST, ASIO, DirectSound, RTAS
Quantam Leap SILK Ethnic Virtual Instrument Software
- System Requirements
- 25GB free hard disc space
- DVD drive
- iLok Security Key, not included for one-time product activation (a free soundsonline.com account is required for retrieving and managing iLok licenses)
- Internet connection required for one-time product activation
- (Mac - minimum)
- G5 or Intel Processor, 2GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4 or higher
- (Mac - recommended)
- Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz or faster processor, 4GB+ RAM
- (PC - minimum)
- P4 2.5Ghz or faster, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP 2 or Vista, soundcard with ASIO drivers
- (PC - recommended)
- Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz or faster processor, 4GB+ RAM, sound card with ASIO drivers, 64-bit OS and host
- Included for both PC & Mac:
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions
- MAC 64-bit support will be announced after the release of MAC OS X (10.5 Leopard)