- Product 583977
EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold Plus Complete - Virtual Instrument
- Write a Review
Recorded by 11-time Grammy-nominated classical recording engineer Professor Keith O. Johnson, the EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra is one of...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Gives you that big Hollywood sound that is the staple of film, TV, and video games.
Recorded by 11-time Grammy-nominated classical recording engineer Professor Keith O. Johnson, the EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra is one of the most awarded orchestral collections ever, and was recorded in a state-of-the-art concert hall where professional orchestras mainly perform.
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three mic positions — close, stage (conductor's position), and hall. By selecting different mic positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambiance their project requires. This eliminates the need for artificial reverb.
The EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra provides you with the highest level of fidelity and realism to give you that big "Hollywood" sound film/TV/games directors and producers seek out of the box.
The Way an Orchestra Should Sound
The original EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra virtual instrument software was already given plenty of praise for its level of warmth and detail. Now with the incorporation of PLAY advanced sample engine, users of the upgraded EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra will experience the benefits of the new-to-the-series sample engine immediately. With the typical orchestral composition encompassing a large amount of instruments, EastWest's PLAY software will streamline the process by allowing many more instruments to be loaded at one time than with previous systems.
Beyond the orchestra's phenomenal recording quality is its ability to breathe life into the virtual world, creating a real space and filling it with sound. In the past, this meant adding reverb and effects, further digitizing and degrading the overall quality of your music. EastWest/Quantum Leap accomplish this through separately recording the natural hall ambiance after the instrument has stopped playing until the sound has actually ceased. The software triggers this release trail at the end of every note and adjusts the dynamics so that the samples blend seamlessly, truly placing the listener in the hall with the orchestra.
PLAY isn't just a sampler. The PLAY system is a professional, fully integrated sample playback software solution for those with the most demanding production requirements. Its 64-bit support (available as a download for Mac users) allows you to load many more virtual instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM. 32-bit support is included also.
If you still need more power, PLAY's network control allows you to load instruments on other machines controlled from your host computer. That means no more trips back and forth between computers and no more KVM switching when loading projects. There's also no need to buy additional software.
The PLAY interface is designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument. All the instruments are listed in one easy-to-use browser that displays all of your instruments. It includes a favorites section to group the instruments you use most. You can also preview your instrument of choice in a simplified column viewer. Load instruments into one instance to take advantage of your sequencer's instrument tracks, or into multiples if you so desire.
The Interface automatically changes to display the current instrument whatever you do.
As far as articulations, forget browsing complicated patch names. The Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Play Edition lets you just pick the virtual instrument and play, and turn on/off articulations as you wish. The Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts). Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval.
PLAY is full of many other helpful features too. It has a legato detection that senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly. It allows you to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways, like the Stereo Swap that lets you instantly swap the left and right channels (Mono from left, Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono). The playback engine was built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible. The powerful effects engine has a reverb section that includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio). It also gives you incredibly smooth filters. The iLok security system that PLAY uses ensures complete portability, allowing you to take your plug-in anywhere you want for use on any computer, and to authorize and manage up to 100 per one key.
PLAY is natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems.
- 3 mic positions — close, stage, and hall (all al at 16-bit)
- 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility PC (*see system specifications)
- Full memory access MAC (requires 64-bit MAC)
- Mac Intel compatible
- Intuitive custom interface
- Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- Improved articulation window and controls
- State-of-the-art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Convolution includes hall orchestra was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs, radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- Recall custom key-switches instantly
- Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- Improved sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- High-fidelity, one-pole filter for natural crossfades
- Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- Original and Pro XP expansion combined into "complete" PLAY version
- Completely re-programmed for PLAY from the original recordings
- G5 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4 or newer
- Mac Pro Quad-Core Xeon 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM
- Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP2 or Vista, sound card with ASIO drivers
- Intel or AMD Quad Core 2.0GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit OS and host
- iLok required (not included), internet connection required for one-time product activation
- Up to 194GB free hard disc space
- DVD drive
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions included
- Check the following compatibility chart for availability of other 64-bit versions and updates