- Product 706914
EastWest Voices of Passion Virtual Instruments Collection
- Write a Review
Voices of Passion is a virtual instrument designed to use vocal samples of alto and soprano female singers from Wales, Syria, India, Bulgaria, and Am...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Five exotic, ambient, and professionally produced female voices ready to sing on cue!
Voices of Passion is a virtual instrument designed to use vocal samples of alto and soprano female singers from Wales, Syria, India, Bulgaria, and America to add an extra element to you mix. It includes ethereal, passionate, flowing, mysterious, wailing, and whispering vocals for film, TV, and game composers as well as songwriters, new age artists, and zen horticulturists. Note these voices aren't meant to replace a live singer in your studio, but rather enhance the musical atmosphere you've created.
Voices of Passion features 5 stunning female artists singing vowels, words, morphing vowels, effects, phrases, calls, whispers, and breath noises. This virtual instrument/sample library was created specifically for use in the film/TV/game genre as well as music with ambient or new age music. All the singers were recorded with a Telefunken Elam 251 and a RCA 44 ribbon mic for tonal variation.
The collection features true legato intervals (American and Wales only), and the Middle Eastern and Indian phrases are presented in a construction kit format allowing you to create very long, consistent performances. There's even a mod-wheel to control the entry point on ethnic phrases.
Powered by EastWest's PLAY 64-bit (and 32-bit) Advanced Sample Engine with built-in Network Control (plug-in or standalone), this virtual instrument combines intuitive handling with excellent sound quality, and functions as a plug-in instrument, without the need for a sampler. It includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend smoothly with those collections.
Load more thanks to 64-bit support
64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM (32-bit support is included also)
While most high-end computers will support 16GB, a very small set of high-performance enterprise computers (with Microsoft Vista Ultimate) can already use 128GB of RAM. As hardware develops, the theoretical limit is 17,179,869,184 gigabytes = 16 exabytes, or 17 billion gigabytes.
If you still need more power, the built-in NETWORK CONTROL allows you to load instruments on other machines controlled from your host computer. This means no more trips back and forth between computers, or KVM switching when loading projects. This also means there's no need to buy additional software. The PLAY system is a professional, fully integrated solution for those with the most demanding production requirements.
All instruments are listed in one browser
The easy-to-use browser displays all of your instruments with a Favorites section to group the instruments you use most, and a way to preview your instrument of choice in an easy-to-use column viewer. Load instruments into one instance to take advantage of your sequencer's instrument tracks, or several if you so desire. The interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
Forget browsing through complicated patch names: pick the instrument and play, and turn on/off articulations as you wish. The Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts). You can save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval.
PLAY senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly.
PLAY allows the user to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways. Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels. Mono from left, Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono.
Control all mic positions for the orchestra, choirs, pianos, and other instruments with multiple mic positions with the built-in mic mixer. You can now do it right in the patch. Load, unload, adjust, pan, mute mic positions as you wish. Simply pick your instrument, and PLAY.
This great sounding, powerful effects engine was built from the ground up for the highest possible quality. The Reverb section includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EASTWEST studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio). It also provides some of the smoothest filters you'll ever hear, and specialized effects, including the first Artificial Double Tracking (ADT) software available.
The high-quality resampling engine was built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible. It allowed the engineers design instruments every step of the way without compromise.
- Produced by Quantum Leap producer Nick Phoenix
- Over 7 GBs of vocals
- Female Vocalists from Wales, Syria, India, Bulgaria and America
- All singers recorded with great attention paid towards pitch
- "Oo", "oh", and "ah" true legato intervals (American and Wales only)
- Over 1000 ethnic phrases with a great deal of passion
- Phrase generator for Welsh vocals
- Expressive samples, non vibrato, delayed vibrato
- Ethereal style, breathy vocals
- New Age vocal performances, staccato and swells
- All singers recorded with a Telefunken Elam 251 and a RCA 44 ribbon mic for tonal variation
- A complete high-performance sample management system
- Offers native support for many platforms
- Network support for large studios, expandable systems
- 64-bit supports next generation operating systems
- High sound quality (ground-up effects, highest quality interpolation)
- The best virtual instruments from the multiple award-winning EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP producers
- Intuitive controls, custom designed for each library
- PLAY's features allow for very quick and intuitive sound loading and organization
- Complete portability
Save time and production costs while getting the exact vocal you want. Order now.
Voices of Passion Virtual Instruments Collection
- System Requirements:
- 7.2GB Free Hard Disc Space
- DVD Drive
- iLok Security Key (a free soundsonline.com account is required for retrieving and managing iLok licenses)
- Internet connection required for one-time product activation
- Minimum Requirements for Mac
- G4 1GHz or faster, 1GB RAM, Mac OS 10.4, DVD drive
- Recommended for Mac
- Core Duo or better processor, 2GB RAM
- Minimum Requirements for PC
- P4 2.5Ghz or faster, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP 2 or Vista, sound card, DVD drive
- Recommended for PC
- Core Duo or better processor, 2GB RAM, sound card with ASIO drivers
- Included for both Mac & PC
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions included
- Supported Interfaces
- Win: VST, ASIO, DirectSound
- Mac: VST, Audio Units, Core Audio
- RTAS: Mac is supported
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This instrument is not something you can play like a keyboard. It is a collection of samples, mostly in the same key, that you cut and paste to create a performance. If you want the phrases they recorded, or you are just trying to set a mood, this might work for you. But if you are looking to create original music with this it wont do that. You press the key and the lady sings what she sang. Nothing more. Like the other EastWest products, it requires a lot of memory.
What an excellent set of female singers from around the world. I was not sure at the beginning how to use it. After using it now on several projects I have to say I love it! Welsh and India are my favorite singers. No problems on my MAC and Logic. Highly recommend