- Product 582803
Electro-Harmonix NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor
- Write a Review
With the NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor Electro-Harmonix uses Lundahl transformers, 8 super linear, low noise gold pin vacuum tubes and military grade...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
An amazing compressor with Class A design and vintage tube sound.
With the NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor Electro-Harmonix uses Lundahl transformers, 8 super linear, low noise gold pin vacuum tubes and military grade components to create one of the finest professional audio compressors ever built. The rackmount stereo tube optical compressor has 3 opto-couplers for 3 distinct modes of compression for each channel (EL, LED and Incandescent Lamp). The NY-2A is 600 ohm defeatable, and has XLR In and Out with linkable operation. The Electro-Harmonix NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor also has standard VU metering and rapid ballistics magic eye metering.
- True bypass for each channel using mechanical relays
- Swedish Luhndal transformers at both the input and output of both channels
- Switchable electroluminescent, LED or incandescent lamps for distinct and unique compressions
- Dual mono or stereo with the ability to assign different compressions on each channel
- Link mode to bridge channels 1 and 2
- Each channel fully independent when Link mode set to off
- Input and output gain controls
- High quality detented potentiometers to ease recall of settings
- Switchable squash mode for additional high frequency compression in EL mode
- Switchable attack mode for slower attack in incandescent mode
- Switchable 20 dB pad at the input of each channel
- 8 professional, low-noise Electro-Harmonix vacuum tubes
- Fast response magic eye tube meters
Improve your tracks with this world-class compressor!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- 1 Of A Kind El Light
- 3 Different Light Sources
- All Of That Tube Mojo
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Perfect For Any App
- Professional Functions
- Transparent Yet Warm
- Unique Yet Traditional
- White Noise
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Electro-Harmonix NY-2A Stereo Tube Compressor:
I have been using this compressor for mastering, and I have found it to be an incredibly unique item with all of the options in a straight deal. YOu can go with LED, Lamp, Or The Electoluminiscent setting to get the sound you are looking for. The Lamp has that push that you may be more accustomed to and the LED is something uniques all in itself with its flat yet not squashed sound. Of course last but not least the E.L. setting is honestly the most unique thing out there. IT is alot like an LA-2A with its straight forward compress/Limit effect. You can crush the mix and it still sound perfect. It eliminated all of that rumble and rasp, leaving you with a smooth transparent tone, that is of course when used properly. If used accordingly you can use this on tracks and you wont even be able to tell it is compressed. Its just natural.