- Product 472596
- Write a Review
EVI-28 OverviewThe EVI-28 is intended to be used as a stand-alone full-range system, but may also be used as the midbass/high-frequency component in ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The EVI-28 is intended to be used as a stand-alone full-range system, but may also be used as the midbass/high-frequency component in most multi-way loudspeaker systems. The primary applications for the EVI-28 are in smaller rooms, rooms with lower ceilings than applicable for the EVI-12 and EVI-15, and as a complementary system for upper balconies and under-balcony areas. The system is optimized for regular throws on sloped floorplans of approximately 10 to 15 degrees or long throws on a flat floorplan relative to the mounting height.
The high-frequency section of the EVI-28 utilizes a new small-format Vari Intense horn driven by the DH2010A one-inch throat, wide-bandwidth, titanium-diaphragm compression driver. This driver uses a unique, convex-drive Time PathTM phasing plug structure (U.S. Patent #4,525,604). The voice coil is coupled to the diaphragm with EV's exclusive Resonant DriveTM technology. This increases and smooths the high-frequency response and reduces the amount of internal equalization for flat frequency response past 25,000 Hz.
EV's self-resetting PROTM circuit is built into the crossover network to guard the compression driver from damage. If input power to the driver exceeds the nominal rating, the pro circuit is activated, reducing the power delivered to the driver by 6 dB. The system will remain in this mode of operation until input power is reduced to a safe level.
The optimally vented bass section of the EVI-28 is designed using Thiele-Small parameters for efficient performance to below 60 Hz. The dual proprietary 210-mm (8-inch) high power, long excursion low frequency drivers deliver outstanding performance. The woofers feature a low-mass extended 51-mm (2-inch) diameter voice coil combined with a large magnet structure, a stiff, high-internal-damping cone and high-temperature materials for years of reliable performance.
The EVI-28 full-range Vari Intense loudspeaker system is the ideal system whenever high output full frequency range material must be reproduced for balconies, cinemas, distributed systems and smaller rooms in churches, gymnasiums, auditoriums, hotels and civic centers.
- Axial Frequency Response: 62-25,000Hz (Swept Sine Wave, 4 volts at 3.05 meters (10 feet), anechoic environment, normalized for 1 watt at 1 meter)
- Dimensions: Height: 353 mm (13.9 inch) x Width: 496 mm (19.5 inch) x Depth:523 mm (20.6 inch)
- Dispersion Angle: 800-20,000 Hz, Short-Throw Horizontal:110 degrees +/-20 degrees; 1,000-20,000 Hz, Long-Throw Horizontal: 65 degrees +/-20 degrees; 600-20,000 Hz, Vertical:65 degrees +/-20 degrees
- Driver Protection, High Frequency: Solid-state self-resetting circuit (PROTM circuit) drops output 6 dB
- Enclosure: Direct-radiating vented LF, built of 12 mm (0.5-inch) 9-ply and 18 mm (0.71-inch) 13-ply birch plywood with appropriate bracing, lined with flame-retardant cotton batting
- Half-Space Reference Efficiency: 1.1%
- Impedance: Nominal: 8 ohms; Minimum: 6.2 ohms (225 Hz)
- Input Connections: Large shielded screw terminals for up to 10 gauge wire
- Low-Frequency 3-dB-Down Point: 62 Hz
- Maximum Output: 116 dB SPL, long-term continuous; 117.5 dB SPL, short-term continuous; 123.5 dB SPL, short-term peak
- Maximum Woofer Acoustic Output: 3.8 watts
- Power Handling Capacity: 250 watts, long-term continuous (8-hour); 350 watts, short-term continuous (2-hour); 1400 watts, peak power
- Sensitivity: 93 dB (SPL at 1 watt, 1 meter input, anechoic environment, swept sine wave, 62-25,000Hz)
- Usable Low-Frequency Limit (10-dB-Down: 50 Hz
- Weight: 21.8 kg (48 lb)