- 600830 000001000 600830000001000
Electro-Voice TX1152 Tour X 2-Way 15" PA Speaker
- Write a Review
The Electro-Voice TX1152 Tour X is a high power, high sensitivity, 15" 2-way PA loudspeaker system to use when high-quality sound reinforcement is re...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Tour with confidence, knowing you have power, high-quality sound, and durability.
The Electro-Voice TX1152 Tour X is a high power, high sensitivity, 15" 2-way PA loudspeaker system to use when high-quality sound reinforcement is required in a lightweight package.
The TX1152 PA speaker uses a DH3, high output 1.25" titanium compression driver, coupled to a Constant Directivity 60 x 40 horn. This combination results in a smooth response to 20 kHz and excellent pattern control in medium throw applications.
The SMX2151 15" woofer has an FEA optimized magnet structure and a shorting ring for ultra low distortion and maximum intelligibility at high SPL levels. The crossover uses steep 24 dB/octave slopes with equalization for very smooth response in vocal range, extended HF, and a protection circuit for long-term reliability.
The TX1152 has a variety of features that make it equally suited for portable or fixed installation applications. The trapezoidal enclosure is constructed out of a combination of plywood and MDF, and coated with EVCoat for maximum strength while still remaining lightweight. The unique grille design is very strong, dent resistant, and features a rotatable logo. Four way handles allow for gripping in a variety of positions, a pole mount allows for placement on a subwoofer or a tripod. Six 3/8" threaded points allow a single TX1152 to be suspended in a various positions. The recessed input panel with dual NL4 connectors panel keeps the connectors hidden, while allowing the TX1152 to be used with the TX1181 subwoofer for extended sub bass on a single amplifier channel, with no additional processing needed.
- Single 15" 2-way
- 60 x 40 full-range
- DH3 1.25" (32mm) diaphragm, 1" (25mm) exit pure titanium compression driver
- SMX2151 15" (381mm) LF transducer with fully symmetric drive
- Advanced 4th order crossover with HF protection
- 60 degree x 40 degree rotatable coverage pattern
- 100dB sensitivity, 133dB maximum SPL
- 500W continuous 2000W peak power handling
- Pole mount for tripod use
TX1152 Tour X 2-Way 15" PA Speaker
- Freq. response1 (-3 dB): 55Hz - 20kHz
- Freq. range1 (-10 dB): 40Hz - 20kHz
- Rec. hi-pass frequency: 40-Hz
- Axial sensitivity: 100dB (1W/1m)
- Max. calculated SPL: 133dB
- Horizontal coverage: 60 degree, or 40 degree
- Vertical coverage: 40 degree, or 60 degree
- Power handling: 500W continuous, 2000W peak
- LF transducer: SMX2151, 15" (381mm) driver
- HF transducer: DH3, 1.25" (32mm) diaphragm compression driver
- Crossover frequency: 1650Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum impedance: 5.6 Ohms
- Connectors: (2) Neutrik Speakon NL4's
- Enclosure material: plywood and MDF with EVCoat
- Grille: 16 GA steel, black powdercoat, with rotatable logo
- Suspension: (6) 3/8" threaded points - (2) on each side and (2) on the rear of enclosure
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 30.6" x 17.5" x 17.5" (776mm x 446mm x 446mm)
- Net weight: 61.2 lb. (27.8 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Electro-Voice TX1152 Tour X 2-Way 15" PA Speaker:
I compared the TX-1152 in a large local music store to JBL Mrx & Srx15's, Yamaha sm15v and EAW LA-325. At first, with no processing used, just straight full range from a good mixer. The TRX-1152 are Absolutely the best in accurately projecting all frequencies of recorded music playback.The MRX & SM15's were noticeably muddier and mid nasal. The SRX were better than MRX but not by much. The EAW's were sterile and surprisingly unimpressive but more accurate than the MRX or sm15. Keep in mind the EAW's are a much larger dual woofer design.I then compared all with a simple crossover @100Hz using various subwoofers. Again the TX-1152 ranked far above the rest. I also tried the EV TX-1122 which sounded like the EAW, BLAH!Not sure about the TX Monitors for live band yet. Sometimes those nasty nasal mids are good to cut through in stage monitor use. I expect for mains they will be equally dominant for live bands.Only downsides are a bit heavy and I HATE the exposed grille design on the sides as they get hit frequently when moving.
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
Comments about Electro-Voice TX1152 Tour X 2-Way 15" PA Speaker:
I own a pair of these along with the matching1181 bottoms. I also have a complete JBL SRX system comprised of four 718S subs, two SRX722 tops and four VRX 932LA line arrays. For a compact rig, we also use the QSC KW series stuff - the K12's, the KW181's and the KW152.
I did a shootout in my warehouse using combinations of all the gear using a Crown iTech 6000 amp with minor DSP tuning for each box.
The EV stuff was head and shoulders above the very popular QSC boxes. Granted, the quality of the Crown amplifier vs. the built in QSC amp may have made it an unfair contest but, since you can find these amps for under $1500.00 on the web, you can easily put together a superior rig for the same money or less than the QSC stuff would cost.
The JBL stuff was the winner - but not by as much as one would expect when you compare the pricing. The EV Tour X is a VERY GOOD PA system for any bar band or DJ rig playing to +/- 300 people.