- Write a Review
An incredibly versatile speaker in an elegant two-way cabinet.
The Electro-Voice Zx5 is a 15", two-way cabinet with the most elegant, high-impact, composite enclosure, featuring the newest generation of EV components: The DXV3150 500-watt, 15" woofer and the 2" neodymium ND2 compression driver.
The Zx5 is rated for 600-watt, long-term power handling and is able to produce high SPLs while providing a very smooth frequency response. With two available coverage patterns (60 x 60 or 90 x 50), two adjustable monitor angles (45 or 55) and ten built-in rigging and suspension points allow for a variety of mounting accessories, the Zx5 fits a variety of applications such as installations of individual speakers or clusters in entertainment, houses-of-worship, as well as on stage with bands, musicians, and PA rental companies.
- DVX3150 15" LF transducer with forced air cooling
- ND2 2" voice coil, 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- 90 x 50 coverage pattern
- 600W continuous (2400W) powerhandling
- High sensitivity, 132 dB maximum SPL
- Adjustable monitor angle (45 or 55)
- 3 anchor plates for single stud fittings and
- 10 integral suspension points
- Available in black or white
- Passive/bi-amp selectable
ZX5-90 15" 600W Passive PA Speaker
- Recommended High-Pass Frequency: 36 Hz
Sensitivity 1W/1m: 98 dB
Max. SPL / 1m (calc): 132 dB
Coverage (nominal -6dB) H: 60
Coverage (nominal -6dB) V: 60
System Power Handling (continuous/program/peak): 600/1200/2400 watts
Low Frequency Power Handling (continuous/program/peak): 500/1000/2000 watts
High Frequency Power Handling (continuous/program/peak): 40/80/160 watts
LF Transducer: DVX3150
HF Transducer: ND2
Crossover Frequency: 1500 Hz
Nominal Impedance (Passive): 8 Ohms
LF Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
HF Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Minimum Impedance: 6.5 Ohms
Input Connections: Parallel Neutrik NL4
Chassis Size: 15"
Internal Crossover: Selectable
Speaker Type: Fullrange, Mid-High, Two-Way, Wedges
Weight Net: 22.5 kg ( 49.6 lb.)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 692 x 446 x 411 mm
(27.24" x 17.56" x 16.18")
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Electro-Voice ZX5-90 15" 600W Passive PA Speaker:
I owned EV S300 speakers, and they are nice. But these are a major step up. They have that "Big Concert" sound. Hot, yet warm. Clear and powerful. No doubt the best I have ever heard in this price range, although I hate paying this much per speaker. I love them tho' and you will too. It top quality sound no doubt.