- H97594 000000000 H97594000000000
Elysia Mpressor Discrete Class-A Stereo Compressor
- Write a Review
The Mpressor is a new tool for modern dynamics processing. On top of the tried and tested standard features, this creative compressor provides severa...Read More
The Mpressor is a new tool for modern dynamics processing. On top of the tried and tested standard features, this creative compressor provides several special functions that produce fat and freaky sounds with maximum punch, beautiful colorations and extreme processing options. Besides classic tracking applications, its favorite domains are groovy effect compression and creative sound design.
Each of both linkable channels offers a switchable Auto Fast function that allows very fast yet distortion-free compression without any artifacts. The Anti Log circuit generates explicit compression effects such as pumping and breathing. As the mpressor is a true feed forward design, it also allows negative ratios which result in the most extreme over-compression effects. The Niveau Filters can change the character of a track from subtle to striking with the possibility of a continuous frequency shift.
The Gain Reduction Limiter is a novel feature that lets you choose the maximum amount of Gain Reduction you want to allow at the twist of a knob. The switchable external sidechain inputs make for further flexibility in terms of controlling the compression. The circuit design of the mpressor is completely based on discrete analog technology. The entire signal processing is based on single transistors in permanent class-A mode, and even the sidechain and power supply are fully discrete circuit designs.
An oversized power transformer, capsuled conductive plastic potentiometers, internal temperature stabilizers for critical components as well as special current feedback amplifiers are part of the technical finesse. The combination of these elements results in a pristine signal quality and guarantees clean and powerful sound characteristics, even when extreme settings are used.
Dynamics control with uncompromising signal integrity.
- 100% Discrete Class-A - As a true elysia specialty, the mpressor is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Auto Fast - Inspired by its big brother: the switchable semi automation for a perfect attack on the basis of the value set by the user.
- Anti Log - This alternative characteristic of the release curve follows an antilogarithmic course instead of the standard linear progress and produces a much more audible result.
- Negative Ratios - The characteristic curve bends and goes back down! Heavy pumping, backward sounds, etc. - perfect for very cool compression effects.
- Audio Filter - Just as the alpha the mpressor features a Niveau Filter. According to its creative approach, it here allows even stronger sound shaping results.
- External Sidechain - You want to create frequency dependent compression or have it accented by the groove? The switchable sidechain inputs make nearly everything possible!
- Gain Reduction Limiter - This novel limiter is not placed in the audio path as usually, but restricts the control voltage of the compressor instead.
- Analog Dynamic LED Meter - The gain reduction meter modulates its LEDs in their brightness in order to show the action of the compressor in an analog way: fast and with smooth transitions.
- Transconductance Amplifier
- The mpressor's custom discrete gain reduction cell provides low noise, extremely fast time constants and all the punch in the world.
- T12 Heater
- The single transistors are kept at a constant temperature by the use of this heating system which helps to avoid parameter drifts.
Top tier compression. Order today.
Mpressor Discrete Class-A Stereo Compressor
- Frequency response: <10 Hz - 33 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- @ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 0.04 %
- @ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 0.33%
- Noise floor:
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted): -84 dBu
- Dynamic range:
- 20 Hz - 22 kHz: 109 dB
- Maximum level:
- Input: +25 dBu
- Output: +27 dBu
- Input: 10 kOhm
- Output: 68 Ohm