- H72812 000000000 H72812000000000
Empirical Labs EL500 IU Rack for API 500-Series Compatible Modules
- Write a Review
The EL500 is a horizontal rack for 500-series modules that complies with API's VPR Alliance specification-so it will work with nearly all 500-series ...Read More
The EL500 is a horizontal rack for 500-series modules that complies with API's VPR Alliance specification-so it will work with nearly all 500-series modules. Like all Empirical Labs products, it goes the extra mile, giving you not only a 2-space power rack, but also a built-in front-panel DI for high-impedance inputs, such as guitar and bass. The DI has an auto-sensing impedance circuit to prevent loading you pickups.
The EL500's unique design also allows 500-series modules to mount flush with the its front panel, which brings the look of your 500-series modules uptown by eliminating unsightly edges-makes your 500 gear look like a finished rackmount unit.
The EL500 also features ultra quiet ±16V power supplies-perhaps the quietest around, plus a 48V phantom power supply. It has a front-panel Link switch that lets you stereo-link two dynamics devices, such as compressor/limiter/gates, or two DerrEssers. On the back panel, there are balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs for each slot, balanced XLR outputs, and active unbalanced 1/4" TS outputs for a total of eight back-panel inputs and outputs. For global use, the EL500 has a voltage-select switch inside the unit.
Horizontal rack for 500-series modules with front-panel DI and stereo-link switch.
- Super quiet +/- 16-volt supplies—perhaps the quietest available
- More than 280mA available on both supplies
- 48V phantom power supply; 35mA of current
- Built-in, front-panel INST IN for high-impedance inputs—a DI box built right in!
- "INST IN" THD is less than 0.0006%
- Auto-Sense on INST IN jack
- XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs: a total of 9 input and output connectors.
- Front-panel link switch for stereo-linking dynamic devices such as compressors/limiters/gates
- Power Consumption: 14W (max.); 9W typical with modules installed
Add convenient functionality, super low-noise performance, and impressive good looks when you power your 500-series modules with the EL500. Order today!