- Product 603278
Event 20/20BAS V2 Biamplified Monitor System
- Write a Review
The Event 20/20 bas biamplified monitor system was developed to put true world-class reference monitoring into the hands of musicians previously shut...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Incredibly accurate, fully enjoyable, Grammy-worthy mixes.
The Event 20/20 bas biamplified monitor system was developed to put true world-class reference monitoring into the hands of musicians previously shut out by the high cost of those systems. These favorites have helped set the standard for excellence in biamplified direct field monitor systems. Recording engineer Francis Buckley took the very first 20/20 bas pair and won a Grammy for a project he mixed on them.
That legacy continues with the 20/20 bas V2 monitors. They have the time-tested low- and high-frequency driver elements found in the original 20/20: an 8" mineral-impregnated polypropylene cone low-frequency driver that delivers fat, punchy, un-hyped bass and a one inch silk dome high-frequency driver specially designed to be superbly accurate yet non-fatiguing to your ears. An active, asymmetrical, fourth-order crossover delivers accurate phase response for phenomenal stereo imaging.
Those components have been paired with 2 custom, low-noise amplifiers powered by toroidal transformers to give the system lower mechanical and electrical noise characteristics. Customized for the V2s, these Event 20/20 bas amps provide higher SPLs, greater transient response, improved damping, smoother phase response, and lower intermodulation distortion. They also feature independent low- and high-frequency trim controls.
I/O includes balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs. Monitor units also feature continuously variable input gain control, full protection circuitry, and magnetic shielding.
- LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber
- HF Driver: magnetically shielded one-inch ferrofluid-cooled silk dome
- Frequency response: 38Hz-20kHz, ±3dB (-2dB @ 38Hz), ref. 500Hz
- Crossover: 2.6kHz, active fourth order
- LF amplifier power: 130W continuous
- HF amplifier power: 70W continuous
- Inputs: Balanced; combination XLR - 1/4"; accepts balanced or unbalanced sources
- Input sensitivity: 1.1V input produces full output with input level control at maximum
- LF trim: continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produce ±3dB @ 100Hz, ±2dB @ 400Hz
- HF trim: Continuously variable control; max boost/cut settings produces ±3dB above 2.6kHz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, resettable mains circuit breaker
20/20BAS V2 Biamplified Monitor System
- Cabinet: 5/8" vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 10-1/4"W x 14-3/4"H x 11-3/4"D
- Weight: 30 lbs. each