- Product 700841
Frontier Design Group AlphaTrack DAW Controller
- Write a Review
Frontier Design Group's AlphaTrack combines a set of intuitive tactile controls in a compact and smart package. Ride a high-resolution fader, turn re...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A control surface that fits your desktop and the way you work.
Frontier Design Group's AlphaTrack combines a set of intuitive tactile controls in a compact and smart package. Ride a high-resolution fader, turn real knobs, scroll and shuttle with the touch of your fingers--all with a control surface you won't have to put on a separate table from your DAW. AlphaTrack lets you work more productively and creatively without giving up a lot of desktop space.
AlphaTrack includes a 100mm, touch-sensitive, motorized fader which provides true 10-bit resolution for smooth and precise level control. AlphaTrack also has three touch-sensitive encoders, a feature previously found only on high-end gear costing thousands of dollars. These let you adjust track and plug-in parameters while the 32-character backlit display shows detailed feedback in response to your touch. The encoders provide quick control of pans, sends, EQ, plug-ins, and automation.
One of AlphaTrack's greatest innovations is the touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip. Slide one finger across its surface and your project's timeline scrolls in response. Drop a second finger onto the strip, and now your fingers control the timeline's shuttle speed. Zoom through your project with two fingers, then just lift one finger and slide to quickly set the precise position you want. And you can also just tap on the left or right ends of the strip to navigate through your project's markers!
AlphaTrack also has a set of 22 buttons and 21 LED's, including standard transport controls, per track record, solo, mute, and automation indication, and encoder mode control. When supported by the computer application, a set of buttons can also be customized with user-programmable functions.
AlphaTrack connects to your computer using just a single USB cable. This makes it quite portable, easy to connect, and compatible with laptops since no additional power supply is needed. AlphaTrack's backpanel also includes a footswitch jack for easy punch-in recording.
AlphaTrack works on Windows XP and Mac OS X (including Intel Macs) with applications such as Pro Tools, Sonar, Reason, Cubase SX/SL, and Nuendo. Support for more applications will be added regularly.
- Optimized for fast, high-quality DAW mixing and editing in a small footprint
- Intuitive, innovative, and powerful controls in an attractive package
- 100mm touch-sensitive, high-resolution (true 10-bit positions) motorized fader
- Three touch-sensitive encoders ... context-specific feedback appears on the 32-character backlit display
- Innovative touch-sensitive jog and shuttle strip for fast timeline control
- 22 buttons and 21 LED's for track-specific and global functions
- Works with Pro Tools, Sonar, Cubase, Reason, Digital Performer, Nuendo, and other DAW software applications
- Works on Windows XP and Mac OS X computers (Mac OS 10.3.9 or later), including Intel Macs
- Footswitch input on back panel
- No external power adapter required ... single USB connection and small size make it great for laptops!
AlphaTrack DAW Controller
- Computer Interface: powered full-speed USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port (unpowered hub connection not recommended)
- User Interface:
- One 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader
- One 32-character backlit display
- Three touch-sensitive encoders, with push-button function
- Buttons: rew, ffwd, stop, play, record, shift, mute, solo, rec-arm, flip, in, out, loop, pan, send, EQ, plug-in, auto, f1, f2, f3, f4
- indicators: record, shift, mute, solo, rec, flip, in, out, loop, pan, send, EQ, plug-in, auto, f1, f2, f3, f4
- Power: From USB port; no external adapter required
- Included Items: AlphaTrack control surface, 6' (1.8 m) USB cable, CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide
- Size: 8.5" x 6" x 3" (22 cm x 15 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. (510 grams)
- System Requirements:
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2 recommended)
- Mac OS X (10.3.9+) operating system
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
This has been one of my best impulse purchases! I had no problems setting it up and within minutes I knew how to work all its pre-programmed features. It has proven to be a great help in production. My only issue is that it feels a little cheap and the buttons make a clicking sound when you press them. Hopefully the next version will resolve these issues. I'd be willing to pay extra and I'd still get another on if this one broke.
Took me about two months to get it up and running but since i got this baby I'm in love with it.. Protools 8 Windows 7 this baby is everything you would need in life.. I'm in love with it.. YES
The Alphatrack works great if you wear thick shoes. Otherwise the display flips out due to ground issues. I use an Imac desktop with it and if my feet hit the floor the AT display freaks out. I did some online research and found that a thin coat of clear lacquer on the touch sensitive buttons is supposed to clear this up. No mention of this problem on Frontier Designs website even though it is a common issue. Bad beta testing anyone?
Just bought one of these puppies used, on Ebay.Had a few problems getting it to work properly with Logic 8, sent an email to Frontier's tech assistance guy - he kept emailing me back with ideas and questions until everything was perfect.Many time saving features, small footprint, good quality build.You can't go wrong if you don't have a bunch of big physical faders in front of you and want to have more precise control over automating sends, fades, etc., The transport is another great thing to have on my Left hand side, keeping my mouse avail for other stuff. The punch in/out footswitch feature is another BIG help. Worth every penny. If you spend a bunch of time recording, don't even give it a second thought, just buy it. Let's face it, if you don't fall in love with it, sell it to someone else, not a big investment.
I bought a Fireone thinking it would work instead of my MBox mini...WRONG! I tried for a month to get them in sync until I talked to a real protools expert (yes in an actual store with walls) who said "Return it and get this." Man was he right! I am only going to use this thing for less than half of what it's capable of and it was set up in minutes! Falls right in line with my software with zero adjustments. Man what a hassle the Fireone was and what a relief the ALPHATRACK is! Protools LE 7.4 MBox mini. GET THIS CONTROL SURACE!!!!