- Product 581925
Gem Sound DJ-USB II Belt-Drive USB Turntable
- Write a Review
The Gem Sound DJ-USB II USB turntable makes it easy and affordable to digitize your vinyl record collection to your PC or Mac. Hook it up via the USB...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A simple, budget-friendly way to turn your dusty old records into clean, digital nuggets.
The Gem Sound DJ-USB II USB turntable makes it easy and affordable to digitize your vinyl record collection to your PC or Mac. Hook it up via the USB input to your computer and use the included software to turn your prized music into a newer, more pristine sounding format. The turntable has an adjustable Anti-Skate control for increased stereo balancing of 33-1/3rpm or 45rpm speed playback (adapter included), as well as 78rpm support via the included Audacity software. Other features of the Gem Sound USB turntable include a pitch control slider (+/-10%), reverse button, headshell locking nut, fully manual tone arm, motor off button, pause button, skip button, record volume function, and RCA jacks for analog output.
The Gem Sound DJ-USB II Turntable is bundled with Audacity, a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. It allows you to record live audio; convert records into digital recordings or CDs; edit your WAV sound files; cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together; change the speed or pitch of a recording; and more. You also get Bias SOUNDSOAP SE for cleaning clicks, pops, and other vinyl sounds. the Gem Sound USB turntable also comes with a free trial of Bias' Peak Pro (for Mac use only), which provides you with advanced playlist editing and mastering tools.
- Start/stop buttons to start or stop the platter
- Platter is equipped with a slip mat, making it easier to manipulate the record for scratch performances
- Target light socket: Insert a target light to the deck and it will light up
- 33rpm, 45rpm, and 78rpm speed select buttons
- Reverse button to reverse rotate the platter
- Headshell for installing cartridges
- Attach wires as follows: White (L+) Left channel +, Blue (L-) Left channel -, Red (R+) Right channel +, Green (R-) Right channel -
- Headshell locking nut: Attach the head shell by inserting it into the front
- Pitch slider to change the speed of the platter with a light to indicate when it's down to 0%
- Fully manual tone arm: To start playback, gently place the stylus on the record using the headshell finger support
- Includes a 45rpm adaptor
- Tonearm lift controls the up and down action of the tone arm
- Anti-skate knob applies inward force to the tone arm so it doesn't skip outward across the record due to the centrifugal force
- of the record spinning
- Counterweight: Adjustment of this creates the proper downward pressure of the stylus to the record. It attaches by sliding the counterweight onto the rear of the tone arm. Simply twist it lightly and it will screw onto the rear shaft of the tone arm
- Motor off button: Press the button to enable motor off, and LED will flash. Press the button again to disable function
- Output L & R: This is the standard analog output (RCA jacks) which can be connected either to a phono or line input on
- any DJ mixer, depending on the setting of the phono/line selector
- USB socket for USB connection (USB cable limit within 3m)
- Power cord connector: used this to connect to the mains, using the supplied power cord
- Power On/Off switch
DJ-USB II Belt-Drive USB Turntable
- Motor: DC motor
Driving Method: Belt Drive
Starting & Braking time: less than 1 sec.
Speed selection: 33-1/3, 45, 78 (rpm)
Speed adjustment: +/-10%
Wow & Flutter: less than 0.2% WRMS (JIS WTD)
Tone arm type: Static balanced S-shaped tone arm
Computer interface: USB 1.1 compliant, Windows XP or MAC OS X
Power supply: AC115/230V, 60/50Hz, User selectable
Single Voltage: AC 120V, 60Hz (U.S.A. and Canada)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 449mm x 370mm x 145mm
Power Consumption: 5.5 Watts
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Missing parts!! Unfortunately, I assumed this would be a good product and bought it months in advance before having time to initiate my project of transfering vinyl to digital. Upon opening it, I discovered there was no belt included to drive the turntable. Since warranty was up before I could start, I trashed the product and chalked it up as my fault for not opening the box upon arrival. I was not going to bother with a review but since I had called the company and was told that a belt was indeed included with my product and every such product, I decided that such an insult to my intelligence merited this review.
For the money, the Gem Sound DJ-USB II is a real honey. Nice features like reverse ( I buried Paul!), speed adjustment, phono or line out. However, if you want to get the best sound out of your vinyl collection, use the line out feature into a good RIAA phono preamp & get a cartridge that costs at least as much as the table, but don't get a light tracking force cartridge as the tonearm is not up to it. A truly great value for the buxx. Thanks, Musicians Friend!