- Product 581926
Gem Sound DJR-USB-s SD & USB Turntable
- Write a Review
The DJR-USB SD turntable is a USB-compatible turntable that makes it easy to digitize your vinyl record collection to your PC or Mac in three simple ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The DJR-USB SD turntable is a USB-compatible turntable that makes it easy to digitize your vinyl record collection to your PC or Mac in three simple ways. You can use the USB socket for direct turntable-to-computer connection, or save your music to an SD card for later transfer. The SD and USB turntable has an adjustable Anti-Skate control for increased stereo balancing of 33-1/3rpm or 45rpm speed playback (adapter included), as well as 78rpm support via the included Audacity software. Other features include a reverse button, headshell locking nut, fully manual tone arm, motor off button, pause button, skip button, record volume function, and RCA jacks for analog output.
The Gem Sound DJR-USB-s SD turntable is bundled with Audacity, a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. It allows you to record live audio; convert records into digital recordings or CDs; edit your WAV sound files; cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together; change the speed or pitch of a recording; and more. You also get Bias SOUNDSOAP SE for cleaning clicks, pops, and other vinyl sounds. The Gem Sound turntable also comes with a free trial of Bias' Peak Pro (for Mac use only), which provides you with advanced playlist editing and mastering tools.
Uses SD card, USB stick, or USB cord, and included software to digitize your vinyl records.
- Start/stop buttons to start or stop the platter
- Platter is equipped with a slip mat, making it easier to manipulate the record for scratch performances
- USB & SD socket: Plug USB stick or SO card into into it and LED will indicate it's in use
- Another button allows you to play & pause the song from the USB & SD or start recording to it
- Target light Socket: Insert a target light to the deck and it will light up
- 33rpm, 45rpm, and 78rpm speed select buttons
- Reverse button to reverse rotate the platter
- Headshell for installing cartridges
- Attach wires as follows: White (L+) Left channel +, Blue (L-) Left channel -, Red (R+) Right channel +, Green (R-) Right channel -
- Headshell locking nut: attach the head shell by inserting it into the front Fully manual tone arm: To start playback, gently place the stylus on the record using the headshell finger support
- Includes a 45rpm adaptor
- Tonearm lift controls the up and down action of the tone arm
- Anti-skate knob applies inward force to the tone arm so it doesn't skip outward across the record due to the centrifugal force
- of the record spinning
- Counterweight: Adjustment of this creates the proper downward pressure of the stylus to the record. It attaches by sliding the counterweight onto the rear of the tone arm. Simply twist it lightly and it will screw onto the rear shaft of the tone arm
- Motor off button: Press the button to enable motor off, and LED will flash. Press the button again to disable function
- Skip button(+/-): Press it to select any single track of the USB stick and SD card
- Audio select: Select one source - records, USB stick, and SO card (LED indicator will tell you your choice)
- Record volume adjusts the level of volume which during recording
- Output L & R: This is the standard analog output (RCA jacks) which can be connected either to a phono or line input on
- any DJ mixer, depending on the setting of the phono/line selector
- USB socket for USB connection (USB cable limit within 3m)
- Power cord connector: used this to connect to the mains, using the supplied power cord
- Power On/Off switch
DJR-USB-s SD & USB Turntable
- Motor: DC motor
- Driving Method: Belt Drive
- Starting & Braking time: less than 1 sec.
- Speed selection: 33-1/3, 45, 78 (rpm)
- Speed adjustment: +/-10%
- Wow & Flutter: less than 0.2% WRMS (JIS WTD)
- Tone arm type: Static balanced S-shaped tone arm
- Computer interface: USB 1.1 compliant, Windows XP or MAC OS X
- Power supply: AC115/230V, 60/50Hz, User selectable
- Single Voltage: AC 120V, 60Hz (U.S.A. and Canada)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 449mm x 370mm x 145mm
- Power Consumption: 5.5 Watts
- Weight: 4kg
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Gem Sound DJR-USB-s SD & USB Turntable:
I bought this unit to convert hundreds of songs from albums dating back to the 60?s. The first unit received didn?t work on one channel so I opted for a replacement. The replacement unit has a noise motor but works as advertised for recording vinyl to digital. The ad says the Audacity software is included. Not true, only the Bias noise reduction software comes with the unit. They do instruct you on how to download the Audacity software along with the Lame MP3 software that is needed if you want to convert to MP3?s. By default you can convert to the WAV format.I have not used the USB Flash drive or the SD card for recording so for now no comment on that part of the unit. After some working with the Audacity software to get familiar with the functions I was off and running. Please note by default when you begin recording you get an echo effect but by turning off the Software Play Through feature in the program preferences you get only the reordered version through your speakers.As for the Audacity program the features work quite well. The Bias program works quite well in reducing pop noises on my older recordings. I guess for the price an all plastic unit is to be expected.In closing they should be shipping this unit with all the necessary software and a better instruction manual should be written. A nice feature would also be cover for the turntable.For the money spent I?m OK with what I got but I should have spent a little more money for a little better unit. On a budget or not looking to go for anything more, bottom line is this thing does work.