- Write a Review
Ultra-portable media controller system.
An all-in-one DJ system, the Gemini GMX multi-format media controller is made to be versatile and extremely portable. Choose to play your media from a single USB drive, or use the GMX to control Virtual DJ or any other host DJ software directly from your laptop. The eight large performance pads on each deck and the newly designed touch-sensitive mechanical jog wheels ensure inspired and intuitive control over every aspect of playback.
Touch + Data = Precision Control
The high-resolution USB/MIDI data-stream contains 14-bits of continual control information. That means every turn of a knob or jog wheel can have the precision of 16,384 possible level settings. With that much precision the GMX is the ideal choice for precise pitch and tempo control or any other function you desire to mangle within your software.
Independence for All
Direct playback from a USB memory device of MP3, WAV, AAC, and AIFF files allows the GMX to be unchained from the laptop. Its portability will inspire spontaneous sessions and make for fast and simple setup at smaller venues.
As an independent media player or as a 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface over USB 2.0 the GMX is professional from the inside out. With multiple high quality output options: monitoring, recording, and playback through a sound system are simultaneously available via balanced XLR or RCA outputs.
The new mechanical and touch sensitive jog wheels allow you to reach new levels when it comes to scratching, beat juggling, or finding track points with precision. With advanced tools including: Hot Cues, a Loop section with Auto and Manual Loop, Reverse, and dedicated Filters on each deck, the mix decisions you make are instantly realized at the push of a button
The Big Picture
The high-contrast screens with adjustable waveform displays allow easy visualization of the changes you are making to each of your tracks. And the Variable Pitch Control, Master Tempo control, and BPM Lock allow you to put the big picture, of matching tempos and keys to one another, together with ease.
- High-resolution USB/MIDI software controller with built-in professional 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface
- Direct playback from a USB memory device of MP3, WAV, AAC and AIFF files
- 8 multifunction performance pads per deck
- Advanced tools including: Hot Cues, Auto and Manual loop, Reverse and Filter for each deck
- Variable pitch control with Master Tempo control and BPM Lock
- Touch-sensitive mechanical jog wheels
- 2-channel mixer with 3-band EQ and Gain control on each channel
- Front 1/4 microphone input with Gain control
- Balanced XLR & RCA master outputs, RCA booth output with dedicated volume control, front 1/8 and 1/4 headphone outputs
- High-contrast screens with adjustable waveform display
- Includes Virtual DJ LE and VCASE music management software
Everything you need to mix, just add music!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Home Studio
Comments about Gemini GMX DJ Controller:
DJ, 23 years experience. Unit comes close to being perfect. A few flaws that certainly must be addressed soon. Some issues are personal preference. I will try to be objective in my review.
The Good (after FW update):
* The CUE buttons became quick and responsive.
* The HOTCUEs buttons became quick and responsive.
* LOOP is 99% seamless. Tiny "artifacts" in the headphones.
* LOOP editing is easy 80% of the time (SEARCH must not be enabled, not explained in OM).
* Easy transition between top USB and bottom USB devices.
* -WAVE+ function is very useful.
* LED VU meters are bright.
* Traditional red CUE and green PLAY/PAUSE buttons (orange or blue CUE buttons suck).
* GMX remembers HOTCUEs after USB has been removed (prep work is not wasted).
* No SYNC.
* Headphones could be louder, but good enough for home studio setup.
* Plasticky feel (OK, this is a budget unit, but cost could have been cut elsewhere).
* Pitch faders not long enough. Unit is meant to be mixed by ear, hence no SYNC.
* SCRATCH, SEARCH, REVERSE are too close to the PITCH fader. Buttons should be placed elsewhere.
* Poor documentation. Examples demonstrated throughout review.
* Where is the VCASE software?
The Fixable (I hope, through a FW update):
* RELOOP is choppy. Can't enter loop seamlessly. Audible delay.
* Deck not selected by PFL button bleeds into headphone mix. (CUE MIX was fully CCW)
* Crossfader too abrupt for smooth mixing, too subtle for scratching. Make up your mind.
* Song Titles do not scroll.
* After deck is stopped, noise is heard and then cuts out.
* Track must be stopped to delete a loop. (not a big issue, but explain that in OM)
* Tracks listed alphabetically instead of by track #. (I prep my music ahead of time)
* GMX does not remember last BPM MODE, A.CUE or TIME MODE setting.
* JOG WHEEL too sensitive when nudging and when moving track to adjust LOOP.
For longer pitch faders, I would give up the XLRs, FILTERs, BOOTH OUT and MIC in. Everyone uses an external mixer.