- Write a Review
A compact studio monitor with excellent directivity and accurate sonic imaging.
The Genelec 8040A Bi-Amplified Monitoring System Boasts performance comparable to much larger systems, but in a compact package, the bi-amplified 8040A is ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. Uses include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles.
The ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8040A includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard.
Each 8040A comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler), which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8040A includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
- Compact Bi-Amplified Active Monitor
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) flow-optimized reflex port design
- MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) Loudspeaker Design
- 3/4" (19 mm) Metal Dome Tweeter
- 6.5" (105 mm) Bass Cone Driver
- Bass Response Reaches Down To 48 Hz
- Separate Bass And Treble Amplifiers Produce 90 Watts Of Output Power Each
- Includes Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler)
- Near Field Monitoring
- Audio Video Post Production
- Mobile Vans
- Home Theaters
- Project / Home Studios
- Digital Workstations
- Multimedia Production and Playback
Get a monitor that sounds great and has a small footprint.
- Input format: Analog
- SPL: Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: >105 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: >115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 6.5"
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Bass: 90 W
- Treble: 90 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 13 3/4" x 9 3/8" x 8 13/16", (285 x 189 x 178 mm)
- Speaker weight: 8.6 kg (18.9 lb)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.