- Product H84065
Glyph GT062E External RAID Storage Drive
- Write a Review
The GT 062E has became a standard in production workflows. With capacities up to 6TB, the GT 062E includes an eSATA port, which enables over 250MB/s ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High-performance drive, improves production workflow.
The GT 062E has became a standard in production workflows. With capacities up to 6TB, the GT 062E includes an eSATA port, which enables over 250MB/s sustained transfer rate in RAID 0 mode. Connected by FireWire 800 or USB 2.0, the GT 062E reports the health of the two internal drives using Glyph Manager software. With dual SATA drives under the hood, and fault-tolerant RAID modes, there's plenty of speed and reliability for your production applications.
Configurable in Three Drive Modes
RAID 1 offers data redundancy and real-time backup by writing the same data to the two hard drives at the same time. Should a drive failure happen, data is still available on the remaining drive.
RAID 0 (striping) increases the performance of the drive system by spreading the data across two drives. RAID 0 is a proven technology for editing video, working with huge graphics files, sound libraries, and streaming instruments that play hundreds of samples simultaneously. RAID 0 is the default shipping drive mode.
SPANNING mode simply shows the two internal drives as one large volume.
A Cool Drive is a Healthy Drive
The GT 062E uses a quiet internal fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back - critical to the performance and reliability of the components.
Nobody likes wall-warts
They are easily misplaced, or accidentally unplugged from the drive, and take up valuable outlet space. The GT 062E uses an industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply for the most efficient and reliable power source possible. Plus, but they are all fully auto-switching for international use.
Health Monitoring Built In
If a drive in your GT 062E experiences an issue, Glyph Manager software will warn you before it becomes a real problem. Along with setting the RAID mode, Glyph Manager constantly monitors Glyph drives using S.M.A.R.T. (industry-standard drive diagnostics), and reports the health to you. If a problem is detected, the front LED will blink red, and Glyph Manager software will alert you, allowing you to backup your data before any is lost. No other desktop drive has a diagnostic utility as smart as Glyph Manager.
- Available in 2TB, 4TB, or 6TB sizes
- 7200RPM Drive
- Three configurable drive modes for enhanced performance options
- Quiet internal fan keeps drive cool
- Industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply
- FireWire 800, USB 2.0 and eSATA connections
- Includes Glyph Manager software, alerts you of problems before any data is lost
Keep your prized sessions and recordings safe and secure, order today.
GT062E External RAID Storage Drive
- Capacities: 2TB | 4TB | 6TB
- Rotational speed (RPM): 7,200RPM
- Interface connectivity:
- eSATA - One port
- FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) - Two 9-pin ports
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 936
- Software selectable drive modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, Spanning
- Average seek time: 8ms
- Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port): 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec)
- Cache size: 2TB - 4TB: 64MB (32MB per drive); 6TB: 128MB (64MB per drive)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)
- Product: 8.6" x 1.7" x 9.5"
- Packaging: 15" x 4.2" x 13.1"
- Product: 5.9lb. / 2.7 kg
- With pkg: 11lb. / 5 kg
- Power Supply: Internal Universal 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- 54 Watts during spin up, 27 watts during idle (1TB unit)
- 73 Watts during spin up, 27 watts during idle (3TB unit)
- Compatible Operating Systems:
- Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000*, XP*, Vista, 7
- Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Glyph Manager 4 supports Vista with Service Pack 1
- *Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the capacity of the drive is 2TB or higher, you must format it using GPT in Windows. GPT format is only supported by Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X. GPT format will not work with XP 32-bit or older Windows operating systems. If you want to use Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit, choose a GPT50 that is 2TB or smaller.
- Inside The Box:
- Glyph Manager software installer CD
- 9-Pin FireWire 800 Cable
- USB 2.0 cable (A to Mini-B)
- IEC Power Cable
- (GT 062E NO LONGER SHIPS WITH AN INCLUDED CARRYING CASE)
- Full 3 Years
- 1 Year Overnight Advance Replace (U.S. 48 States only)
- 2 Years Free Basic Data Recovery
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- No Owners Manual
Comments about Glyph GT062E External RAID Storage Drive:
Up front - Finally having Raid 1 is a blessing. So far it's working as planned and required. I use for audio and video projects. It's very sturdily built - no worries there.
But there is no written documentation or software CD inside the box - had to download, which is OK, but really a pain when you spend a few hundred on something and they don't supply the simplest of items. Especially if it's on a system that has no internet access. The documentation has a bunch of warnings about mac vs. windows, and even between windows 7 & xp there are issues re file sharing. And formatting issues for compatibility with Mac and PC. There are performance issues with Firewire on PC which they warn you about. I'm using USB so no issues. So very scary from an installation standpoint. Also very bizarre that the drive monitoring service won't start autiomatically with windows 7. They tell you that in the documentation, and by gosh they are right. You have to manually launch the raid monitoring utility every reboot (if you care to watch drive status, temperature, etc.)
That said the installation on windows 7 was fine. Formatting NTFS was fine as a raid 1 device. I can share the drive across windows 7 and XP PCs but haven't tried with Mac yet.
Because of the built-in fans, it makes the low grade humm, so be careful if it's in the same room you record in.
Despite my issues with documentation and Windows/Windows/Mac compatability, the drive is working great, and the peace of mind from Raid 1 is priceless. My last nit however - they don't tell you what drives are inside, so if a drive ever fails, it'd be nice to know up front what drive to keep on hand as a swap. But I'll cross that bridge later.