- Product H84066
Glyph Triplicator Backup Appliance
- Write a Review
Triplicator makes your job easier. When you need to copy your critical data to multiple drives, Triplicator saves you time and energy by doing the co...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Copy and back-up data to multiple drives in a single action.
Triplicator makes your job easier. When you need to copy your critical data to multiple drives, Triplicator saves you time and energy by doing the copies in a single action. When you copy data through the Triplicator, identical data will be copied to all of the target drives. Perfect for any production workflow when you need on-site backups of your valuable data.
Triplicator is easy. Here's how it works:
1. Connect two or three drives to Triplicator's eSATA device ports
2. Connect the Triplicator to your computer via FireWire 800, USB or eSATA
3. Power on drives and Triplicator. LED tells you number of drives attached
4. Copy data - the destination is seen as one drive through the Triplicator
The Triplicator can be connected to the computer via eSATA, FireWire or USB using any of the ports marked "computer connections". The target drives are connected to the Triplicator via eSATA cables only, using the ports marked "eSATA drive 1", "eSATA drive 2", etc. The Triplicator supports any eSATA connected drives, including the Glyph PortaGig 50, PortaGig 62, GT 050Q and GT 062E.
Triplicator's user interface also provides important information during the copy process. The front panel includes a button designed to guard against unintended drive initialization. The first time you power on the Triplicator, the blue LED blinks to indicate that button press is required. On button press, the drives initialize and the blue LED goes to solid. After a few seconds a volume will be visible to your computer. Format this volume using your operating system utility, and you're ready to go. After the Triplicator has initialized the drives, the red LED pattern blinks to show the number of attached drives. If no drives are attached, the LED goes solid red. If a discovered drive disappears in the course of operation, it goes solid red.
You can use the Triplicator volume as you would use the volume on any drive. However, when you copy data to the Triplicator volume, the data will be copied to all target drives at the same time. Once you are done working with the drives, you can unmount the volume just like any external drive, and connect the target drives individually to a computer. You will see that the same data is on each drive.
It is best, but not necessary, for all of the drive capacities to be the same. If you connect three 500GB drives, the volume will be 500GB, because the same data is copied to all drives. If you connect two 500GB drives and one 250GB drive, the capacity will be equal to the smallest drive, so total capacity will be 250GB.
After you have created a Triplicator drive set and copied data to the drives, the Triplicator and drives can be powered off and on. On power up, the Triplicator will discover and mount the previously created drive set. This allows you to work with the Triplicator as you would any other drive, while at the same time having your data present on up to three hard drives.
Nobody likes wall-warts
They are easily misplaced, or accidentally unplugged from the enclosure, and take up valuable outlet space. The Triplicator uses an industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply for the most efficient and reliable power source possible.
A cool drive is a healthy drive
The Triplicator uses a quiet internal fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling. The case is designed with front-panel ventilation holes to draw cool air in, while exhausting warm air out the back - critical to the performance and reliability of the components.
- Save time and energy by coping files to multiple drives in one single action
- Connect to the computer via eSATA, FireWire or USB
- Supports any eSATA drives, including PortaGig 50, PortaGig 62, GT 050Q and GT 062E
- Informative user interface
- Industry-standard power cord and pro-quality internal power supply
- Quiet internal fan for maximum airflow and proper cooling
Never lose your work, get three times the back up today.
- Host computer connectivity:
- eSATA - One port
- FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) - Two 9-pin ports
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- Target drive connectivity:
- eSATA - Three ports
- Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port)
- 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)
- Product: 8.6" x 1.7" x 9.5"
- Packaging: 15" x 4.2" x 13.1"
- Product: 3lb. / 1.4 kg
- With pkg: 7.2lb. / 3.3 kg
- Power Supply: Internal Universal 100-240v 50/60Hz
- Compatible Operating Systems:
- Mac OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- Inside The Box:
- 9-Pin FireWire 800 Cable
- IEC Power Cable
- Three eSATA cables (1.5ft) for target drive connection
- One eSATA cable (3ft.) for host connection
- Full 3 Years
- 1Year Advance Replace (U.S. 48 States only)