- H88762 000000000 H88762000000000
Golden Age Project EQ73 Neve Style EQ
- Write a Review
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 has a similar sound characteristic as the classic Neve 1073 module, but without the high pass filter. The sound...Read More
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 has a similar sound characteristic as the classic Neve 1073 module, but without the high pass filter. The sound is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. The same classic characteristics heard on countless recordings though the years, and it is a versatile sound that works well on multiple different sound sources and genres. Additional frequencies have been added, and the mid frequency band uses two inductors, the higher value of the second one is used for the two lowest frequencies, 160 Hz and 240 Hz, to achieve a suitable response.
The EQ-73 has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz, giving you a wide spectrum to work in. The Low and High frequency bands are shelving and the mid frequency band is a bell type, so you can easily shape the EQ and blend your sound sources into any mix. The control range is +/-15 dB for the two lower bands and +/- 18dB for the high frequency band, and there are separate bypass switches for all three bands.
The essence of a vintage EQ, at a price that's easy on the pocket.
- Vintage Style electronics, with no integrated circuits in the signal path
- 3-band with a dual inductor based mid frequency band
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Separate Bypass switches for each band
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Made to be used with any Golden Age PRE-73 models or any other unit with a low level Insert jack
- TRS jack for in-and output connection; nominal working level is around 18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Order now, and start shaping your mixes with vintage style.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Great For Vocals
- Professional Functions
- Very Flexible
- Works With Other Preamps
- No High-pass Filter
- Not For Standalone Use
- Paint Scratches Easily
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Golden Age Project EQ73 Neve Style EQ:
I took a chance on this unit because I haven't had a chance to use one. While it is recommended for use with a Golden Age preamp, I am using it with a Warm Audio TB12 (ToneBeast), and it works perfectly. It should work with any preamp that has a low-level input between the in- and out-trannies.
While it doesn't have a high-pass filter (the TB12 provides it!), this unit provides hi shelving, and low shelving, as well as a very nice mid freqency bell sweep. The frequencies provided on the dials are spot on. While its not identical to a Neve 1073, it sounds danged good to my ears. Not for surgical use, but if you want to add a little color and sheen to your input as you go to your DAW or tape, this thing delivers in spades.
Careful with the paint job! Its like enamel spray paint, not powder coat, so it scratches really easily. Otherwise, it seems well built and I look forward to using it a lot.