- H88763 000000000 H88763000000000
Golden Age Project Pre 73 Deluxe Vintage Style Mic Pre With High Pass Filter
- Write a Review
The PRE-73 DLX is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line- and instrument preamplifier. The signal path on the PRE-73 uses only discrete compon...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Vintage style electronics inside this single-channel preamp.
The PRE-73 DLX is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line- and instrument preamplifier. The signal path on the PRE-73 uses only discrete components. This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available. The subjective sound quality delivered by vintage equipment is often preferred over the one delivered by modern units, a situation that is even more obvious now when music is recorded with clean-sounding digital audio equipment.
The line and microphone input and the line output are transformer balanced, using three different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose. The circuit used in the PRE-73 DLX is similar to the preamp section in the vintage Neve1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres.
- Vintage Style electronics, with no integrated circuits in the signal path
- Maximum input gain 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Gain range on the Line input: -20 to + 10 dB
- Switchable impedance on mic input, 1200 or 300 Ohms, will change the tone of most mics
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- The output level controls for fine gain adjustments and to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character
- Combo XLR/TRS input jacks and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
- Insert jack for inserting EQ´s and other units
- External high power power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
- PRE-73 DLX improvement and new features:
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Selectable 1073-style high pass filter, 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz and 300Hz
- Output Attenuator -7, -14, -21 and -28 dB (located after the output transformer) allows overdriving the output stage and the output transformer for added character by lowering the output signal to a suitable level
- The circuit board is prepared for Carnhill Mic and Line transformer and high pass inductor
- The Insert jack can be switched in/out from the front panel. An internal jumper can select that the Insert jack always has an output signal
- Switchable 600 ohm Output Termination and Ground Lift on the back panel
- Selectable Active or Passive DI input and selectable input impedance in active mode, Hi Z or 100 kohm, by internal jumpers
- The DI can signal can be selected to pass or bypass the mic input transformer by internal jumpers
- Relays are used to control internal switching for DI input, Phantom power, Mic Low Z, Insert and Phase for shorter circuit board signal paths. The relays are controlled by front panel switches
- Revised gain switch for added headroom
- Circuit board star grounding scheme
- Revised power supply with separate regulators for the audio circuits and relay and LED circuits
Boost your signals with a classic-style sound.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.