- Product 501694
Groove Tubes VELO 8T Tube Ribbon Microphone
- Write a Review
The Groove Tubes VELO-8T takes the innovative design aspects of the GT VELO-8 ribbon mic, and adds tube electronics for even higher output and sensit...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A tube ribbon mic that is versatile, smooth, yet robust.
The Groove Tubes VELO-8T takes the innovative design aspects of the GT VELO-8 ribbon mic, and adds tube electronics for even higher output and sensitivity while still retaining the classic and highly desirable ribbon sound. Like GT's renowned tube condenser mics, the VELO-8T offers a hand-selected low noise USA-made vacuum tube in a special low noise Class A design. With its custom-formed high power Neodymium magnets and Cinemag transformer, the VELO-8T attains higher signal levels (and lower noise) while retaining a velvet-smooth response. Plus, like the VELO-8, the VELO-8T comes with an additional pre-tensioned, field interchangable ribbon assembly that a user can easily replace at his studio should the ribbon ever become torn, or if it "sags" with age. For horns, vocalists, or any other source that will benefit from the sweet sound of a ribbon mic and the character of a tube mic, the GT VELO-8T may be the perfect solution.
GT's VELO 8T includes the PSM1 power supply and EC7 multi-pin cable, both a hard mount and a new GT SM4-PF3 shock mount with attached pop filter for ease of setup in any miking application, and a custom designed moisture resistant aluminum storage case.
- Classic ribbon mic sound for vocals, horns, guitars, ensemble
- singers, pianos, string sections, and much more
- Class-A signal path electronics with GT6205M tube
- Rare Earth Neodymium magnet for hotter signal output than
- most classic and modern ribbons
- Special GT-designed pre-tensioned field interchangeable ribbon
- assembly for easy replacement if ribbon becomes damaged
- Custom-wound Cinemag transformer
- Satin finished stainless steel body
- Includes PSM1 power supply and EC7 multi-pin cable, HM-1 hard mount, SM-4 special custom shock mount, PF-3 magnetic-mounting pop filter, moisture resistant aluminum storage case, additional pre-tensioned, field interchangeable ribbon assembly
- Microphone Type: Tube Velocity (Ribbon)
- Operating Principle: Electro-dynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Fig-8
- Generating Element: 2.5 micron corrugated aluminum ribbon
- (Pre-tensioned Field Interchangeable
- Ribbon Dimension: 0.10" x 2.10" (2.50mm x 53.14mm)
- Magnetics: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 16kHz ±3db
- Sensitivity: -50dBV Re. 1V/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1500 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 138dB @ 0.5% THD
- Output Connector: XLR
- Polarity: Pin 2 hot for positive pressure (front of mic)
- Dimensions: 8-1/4" long (20.5cm), 1-7/8" (4.7cm) max. dia.
- Weight: 1.3 lbs. (590g), mic only