- Product 180140
Groove Tubes VIPRE Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
The only preamp designed to enhance the characteristics of virtually any mic from the latest tube model to a classic ribbon mic. It adds breathtaking...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The first variable impedance, all-tube mic preamp.
The only preamp designed to enhance the characteristics of virtually any mic from the latest tube model to a classic ribbon mic. It adds breathtaking warmth and color, even to FETs. It significantly increases dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio, dramatically decreases distortion and reveals exceptional detail. Features switch-selectable, fully floating differential input and output, switch-selectable variable impedance (300, 600, 1200, and 2400 ohms), switch-selectable rise times, precise and repeatable gain settings, audio metering with expanded and peak views, robust 1W output capability, and an all-tube audio path.
- All-tube audio path
- Enhance the characteristics of virtually any mic
- Even add warmth and richness to the most colorless FET mic
- Significantly increases dynamic range and signal to noise ratios
- Dramatically decreases distortion and reveals exceptional detail
- Switch-selectable fully floating differential inputs and outputs
- Switch-selectable impedance (300, 600,1200, and 2400 ohms)
- Switch-selectable rise times
- Precise and repeatable gain settings
- Audio metering with expanded and peak views
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Any one who ranks this mic pre lower than a 9 shouldn't be recording. For example, on the front side impedance loading, there are four options. Each one changes the ACTUAL transformer. Its not some IC that mimics the characteristics, there are actually four different input transformers. It's like having four different preamps in one box. Regardless of mic: ribbon, condenser, dynamic, this thing will bring out the best in whatever you plug in to it. Additionally, the hand selected tubes break up in a complimentary way that is thick and clean, not muddy and hazy. This is the best tube mic preamp being made at this point in time. I've heard or used everything out there over 2 grand, and the Vipre is the one to beat.