- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
IK Multimedia ARC 2 Upgrade
- Write a Review
- Product J48526
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measur...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
IK's advanced room correction system just got even more advanced.
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software and a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.
Take Your Room Out of The Mix
ARC uses Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 patented technology to improve your monitoring system so what you hear is not affected by distortions caused by room acoustics. Near field monitor systems used in studio applications are designed to deliver sound without distortion or coloration. However when they are placed in a room, surrounding walls, ceiling, furniture, and other objects reflect and absorb sounds, creating complex distortions specific to that room. This ultimately causes them to lose the accuracy they have been designed for, and you end up hearing more of the sound of the room, than the music actually being produced.
Affordable Solution for Acoustic Room Correction
Traditionally studio acoustics can be improved using acoustic treatments – but these are generally very expensive and require professional installations – which is often not practical in many of today's home and project studio. Other types of electronic correction systems use some form of equalization that works only on the frequency response of the room but worsen the phase response of what you are hearing. ARC System 2 solves all these problems elegantly, with a unique, innovative DAW-based solution that works both in the frequency/time domain and is not affected by any of the drawbacks of other type of correction systems.
Is Your Room Already Treated?
ARC 2 can improve the acoustics of ANY room. An untreated room will experience a dramatic improvement – but also treated rooms will sound better depending on the quality of the existing treatment. Many of ARC 2 improvements make it more effective in a wide spectrum of applications — from amateur bedroom studios to the most high-end professionally treated studios.
- Support for 64-bit AAX plug-in format
- Improvement to L/R correction option offers better focus in symmetrical control rooms
- Completely redesigned interface for improved usability
- Four times greater resolution improves critical low-end response
- Smoother, more natural sound in the midrange and high frequencies
- New customizable target curves allows to match engineers' personal taste
- New "Virtual Monitoring" feature mimics the sound of various listening devices like popular studio monitors, car systems, boom boxes, etc. allowing to the test of how mixes translate on different systems
- New Monitor Control panel interface streamlines workflow
- Fewer measurements now get higher quality results and shortens set-up time
- Measurements can be saved and used for multiple correction set-ups
Call or click to order today!