- Product 703090
IK Multimedia ARC Advanced Room Correction System
- Write a Review
Evening out room acoustics in recording environments is a breeze with the groundbreaking ARC System. In the world of music recording, the combination...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A revolutionary room correction system in a plug-in for your DAW-based system.
Evening out room acoustics in recording environments is a breeze with the groundbreaking ARC System. In the world of music recording, the combination of monitoring audio speakers and the room's acoustics can be the biggest barrier to accuracy. Instead of hearing the music you are producing, you actually get a distorted sound created by the partial absorption of output reflected in the walls, ceilings, furniture, and surrounding objects in the recording studio. With many Digital Audio Workstation home recording situations, this has been especially troubling until the arrival of the ARC Advanced Room Correction.
IK Multimedia and sound equalization solution leader, Audyessy, have teamed up to give you the first room correction system in a plug-in form for DAW studios, the ARC System. What is it? Using Audessey's MultEQ technology, the included calibrated measurement microphone, measurement software, and multi-platform correction plug-in measures acoustical information throughout the listening area of your studio. The ARC system sniffs out the sweet spots and dead area then combines this collected information to correct both time and frequency response problems, so you'll get a clearer, more reliable representation of your musical mix. With the ARC System, the improvement in your studio sound will be fairly instant and can be adjusted when new bodies, instruments, and other objects change the acoustic properties of your recording space. Finally, you'll be able to tune your studio and trust that what you hear is what you're recording. This means faster recording schedules, more honest mixes, and better results all the way around.
- Easy to use, step-by-step, room measurement software for Mac/PC
- VST, RTAS, AU correction plug-in for Mac/PC most popular DAWs
- Professional 1/4" precision measurement condenser microphone
- Automatic multi-point room measurement system, wizard based, based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
- Measurement precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
- Requires 48 kHz operation (only for measurements)
- Requires ASIO Audio Hardware on Windows Vista or XP, CoreAudio on Mac OS X
- Saves Measurements sets to be opened on the ARC System Correction Plug-In
- Multi-platform high quality frequency and time correction processor based on Audyssey MultEQ technology
- Correction precision when used with ARC System microphone: +/- 1.5 dB
- Correction processor resolution: 32-bits floating point
- Correction processor supported sampling rates: 32 kHz to 96 kHz
- Four target curves
- Graphic Frequency response display
- Power PC-based Macs
- Minimum: 866 MHz G4 processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Recommended: Dual 1.25 GHz G4 or G5 processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- Intel-based Macintosh:
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel Core Solo processor, 512 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Recommended: 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- Minimal: Pentium 1GHz/Athlon XP 1.33 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP/Vista or later
- Recommended: Pentium 2.4 GHz/Athlon XP 2.4 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP/Vista or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS
- Type: 1/4" precision measurement condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, free field
- Capsule frequency response: 20-16,000 Hz
- Calibrated frequency response when used with ARC: 16-20,000 Hz, +/- 1.5 dB
- Output: transformerless, electronically balanced, 200 ohms output impedance
- Sensitivity: 50 mV/Pa
- Noise Equivalent Level: 22 dB
- Max SPL: 130 dB for 3% THD
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
If you have a project studio this should be your next investment. If what you are hearing is inaccurate when recording/mixing what good is your monitoring system?I was skeptical when ARC was released in 2007. I poured through pages upon pages of ARC System reviews and only found one negative...on an acoustic room treatment page. I took the plunge recently and could not be happier.Some reviewers said their monitors sounded "clearer". Well mine became muddier--and that's a good thing. The problem I was having was that my mixes were coming out muddy. Guess why? My Yamaha HS80m's were quite trebly...which sounds good when you're recording but on most speakers/rooms this is not so. My control room is nearly a square box with no acoustic treatment whatsoever.My mixes are now translating well! I mixed a pop punk band track in one day. It used to take me 3-4 days of back and forth listening in my car, boombox, cheap cpu speakers, etc. No more! Thanks IK for a wonderful product that WORKS!
I was put off by the price for a long time. The IK Multimedia ARC System is a little high but I wish I had purchased it a long time ago. I always had problems with my mixes. I would mix, then listen to it in my car and say ughhhh! the bass is too loud, the lows are off! So back in to remix and then to the car to listen again. After many tries I would finally get it to sound ok but what an ordeal. Now with ARC I have the system set up for both sets of monitors. I have KRK roket 5 and some JBL home stereo speakers. A huge difference in sound from both at first. Then turn on the ARC and they still sound different but the difference is not near as much. The sound I hear is now much closer to what I recorded. I do not have the budget or room for sound baffles and bass traps so this was my answer. Problem now is I will have to re mix EVERYTHING! Do not put this off. Buy it as soon as you can!
Don?t get caught up in which speaker is best. What you hear is always relative. If you hear a monitor system in a store, they?re going to sound different once placed your studio. This product just evens out the sound field. Although pricey, it still will help any monitor overall, sound better, in any room.