- Write a Review
Handheld motion controller for all your music apps and more.
Now control your music apps and effects without touching your device with the iRing touchless controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The iRing uses hand gestures to control parameters of effects and other items in your music apps, allowing you to create stunning and dramatic music in an incredibly fun way by simply moving your hands in front of your device.
iRing uses patented advanced image-recognition, motion control and precise geometric positioning technology to give you control of assignable parameters within your apps. It uses the front-facing camera on your device to determine the exact position of the wearable rings, and recognizes and tracks the movement of the linear or triangular patterned iRing "rings" allowing you to control up to six parameters at a time.
Making music and creating killer real time effects for nonstop dance music and grooves is now easy and as simple as moving your hands.
The ABCs of XYZ
Okay, so how does this thing work? iRing is a simple double sided ring that fits comfortably between your fingers. On one side is an engraved linear pattern of three dots, on the other is an engraved triangular pattern of dots. iRing uses the front-facing camera on your device and advanced volumetric positioning algorithms to recognize and determine the exact physical location of the ring in relation to the device camera. This precise reading of the physical location of the ring is converted into MIDI control messages that are easily read by your music apps over time, thus allowing you to move your hands to control certain parameters within your apps. So in essence, iRing and the iRing control app track your movements and convert them into useful info your apps use to change parameters.
Let's say for instance you want to control an audio effect. Many of the effects in GrooveMaker 2 and VocaLive allow you to control parameters in real time by utilizing an "XY" grid and dragging your finger across the screen. For an effect like a "Delay" effect, when you slide you finger across the grid on the touchscreen, you change the Delay Time and the amount of repeats (feedback) of the effect.
With iRing, you actually get a 3 dimensional grid - an XY and Z grid - that allows you to move across the screen to control delay time and feedback (the X & Y grid), but also gives you a third parameter to control by moving the iRing closer to or farther from the device. This "Z" movement allows you to control the amount of delay applied to the signal, so you can control up to 3 parameters at a time with just one iRing. And iRing comes with 2 rings, one for each hand, so you can control up to six parameters (3 per effect) with your hands.
The Engine: iRing FX/Control App
At the core of the iRing concept is the free iRing FX/Control app that does all the heavy lifting for you. iRing FX/Control is first the engine that drives the technology and sends your apps the information they need for controlling effect parameters and more. The control feature of iRing works in the background, so it's completely transparent to the operation of your device.
iRing FX/Control is also an AudioBus and Inter-App Audio compatible multi-effects processing app you can use to add stunning and brilliant audio effects into your favorite audio apps, and control them with your iRing. With iRing FX/Control, you get 16 high quality creative effects. Choose from standard effects like filter, delay, compression, reverb and wah, or add a new level of audio creativity with our suite of wacky DJ effects like stutter, Fuzzy, Crush, Twist, Brake, Spin and Tail. iRing FX/Control is free with the iRing and available on the App StoreSM.
- Precise geometric positioning technology
- Touchless control of your favortie music apps and effects
- Create stunning and dramatic music by moving your hands
- Control effects with a 3-dimensional X,Y,Z grid
- Free iRing FX/Control app
- Includes 2 thermoplastic rings
Order today and control sound with a wave of your hands!
- 2 thermoplastic rings (same color)
- Size: 42mm/1.65" x 30mm/1.18" x 27mm/1.06"
- Weight: 10g/0.35oz each ring
- iOS Devices
- Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad Air, iPad 4th generation, iPad 3rd generation, iPad mini 2nd generation and iPad mini. iOS 6.0 or later is required.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. iOS device is required.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.