- Product 482694
IK Multimedia SampleTron - Crossgrade
- Write a Review
The SampleTron virtual instrument software crossgrade from IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality saves, anyone who owns a registered IK Multimedia product ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Authentic recreations of rare vintage keyboards with greater power and control capabilities.
The SampleTron virtual instrument software crossgrade from IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality saves, anyone who owns a registered IK Multimedia product $40. SampleTron combines the authentic recreation of "Tron" sounds such as Mellotrons, Chamberlins, and Optigans with the powerful SampleTank engine to take those nostalgic sounds into the new millennium. Works as a plug-in or as a standalone application. SampleTron allows you to manipulate, process, and stretch such gritty, emotional, and quirky lo-fi sounds.
This IK virtual instrument was made for many styles including hip-hop, electronic, and classic rock. SampleTron offers some of the most unique, musically useful tones you can imagine. The sounds in this package are diverse, powerful, and inspiring, allowing you to create everything from the nostalgic sounds used by The Beatles, Moody Blues, Genesis, Yes and other high-profile bands of the 60's and 70's to the modern production of artists like Kanye West, Smashing Pumpkins, and Beck. With SampleTron you can even create new sonic creations never heard before.
The "Tron" sound
The unique, easily recognizable, and instantly classic sound of the "Tron" instruments started with the Chamberlin keyboards in the 1950's, and peaked with the Mellotron 400, in the 1970's. This precursor to today's samplers uses tapes to play back prerecorded sounds at the touch of the keys. They are large and easily broken, but have such a unique sound, it's difficult not to love the nostalgic tone and instant 'vintage' gratification that comes from hearing one. Whether you know it or not, you've heard the sound of a Mellotron or one of its siblings. Just about every famous artist or band has used one in a song at one point or another. Possibly the most famous example of the "tron" sound can be heard in the opening bars of "Strawberry Fields Forever". This is the classic "Tron" strings that is still widely used by artists today. Mellotrons have been used in countless songs, and just about all genres, from '60s and '70s rock, to alternative and hip-hop. It's an instrument that works with just about everything.
One of the amazing things about the "Tron" instruments is that, although relatively few have been made, they still bear a large relevance in today's music. In fact, they are in such high demand, that the makers of the original Mellotrons, Streetly Music, began making them again in 2007 (although with some upgrades to 'modernize' them). Unfortunately, for most of us, these hand-made keyboards are out of all but the most die-hard enthusiast's price-range. However, if you want that sound now, here's a much more affordable way to get it.
- Sustain: Allows the samples to stop (more authentic), or loop continuously (more easily playable)
- Tone: Makes the sound brighter or darker, much like the "Tone" knob on the Mellotron
- Key Release: Switches between the abrupt cutoff of the classic "trons", and a more natural cutoff for optimal performance
- Noise Resonance: Controls how much noise is heard in the sound
- Reverb, Spring Reverb, Reverb Delay, Ambience, Delay
- Filter, Envelope Filter, Multi Filter, Wah-Wah
- Chorus, Multi Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Envelope Flanger
- AM Modulation, FM Modulation
- Auto Pan, Tremolo, Rotary Speaker
- Lo-Fi, Distortion, Phonograph, Crusher, Overdrive
- Pre Amp, Tone Control, Cabinet
- Parametric EQ, Channel Strip, Compressor, Limiter, Slicer
Save $40 with this crossgrade offer from IK Multimedia! Order SampleTron today!
- Power PC-based Macintosh:
- Minimal: 866MHz G4 processor, 512MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Suggested: dual 1.25GHz G4 or G5 processor, 1GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- Intel-based Macintosh:
- Minimal: 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo processor, 512MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Suggested: 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- Minimal: Pentium 1GHz/Athlon XP 1.33GHz, 512MB of RAM, Windows XP/Vista or later
- Suggested: Pentium 2.4GHz/Athlon XP 2.4GHz, 1GB of RAM, Windows XP/Vista or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS