- Product 583662
Image Line FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition
- Write a Review
FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition software is the basic version of FL9, a complete music production environment, representing the culmination of more than 1...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Music software featuring a modular production environment and a host of exciting features
FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition software is the basic version of FL9, a complete music production environment, representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained & focused development. FL9 is designed to be one of the fastest ways to get music from your brain to your speakers.
What is FL9?
FL Studio 9 is a full-featured, open architecture, music production software capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing, and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. The Fruity Loops Studio philosophy is creative freedom, allowing you to route any instrument to any mixer track. Each mixer track can receive audio from any number of instruments, any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard input. Mixer tracks, in turn, can send audio to any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard output. You can create sub-mixes, effects chains, or complex mixes. With FL Studio's flexible architecture audio is set free.
It also allows you to free your creative mind. You can choose your preferred workflow, compose using the step-sequencer or piano roll. Create in pattern or track mode, then arrange your ideas in the free palette Playlist. The Playlist presents timeline as a virtual canvas where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio, and automation events.
Make virtually any sound ” FL9 includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback, and beatslicing (with Rex 1 & 2 support).
Open plug-in standards ” FL Studio supports all PC industry plug-in instrument standards including VSTi (1/2), DXi(1/2), Buzz, and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plug-ins and applications.
Audio Recording & Editing
Multi-channel audio inputs ” With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio interface, Image Line FL Studio 9 has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar, or a full symphony orchestra.
Arranging audio ” Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing, and the rearranging of audio with only a few mouse clicks.
FL Studio supports WAV, MP3, OGG, WavPack, AIFF, and REX audio formats.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in a very logical way.
Pattern or track sequencing ” You choose, record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL Studio 9 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track-based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired.
Step sequencer or Piano roll ” Scoring tools include FL Studio's legendary Step-sequencer, one of the most advanced Piano roll's in any software studio, event and multipoint automation envelopes. FL Studio 9 supports MIDI input, standard controller compatibility, and the ability to simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
FL Studio allows you to do what you want where and when you want.
Determine your own project design ” In FL Studio 9, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL9's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and preferred workflow.
Mixing & Mastering
FL Studio music software provides all the composition and audio editing tools you need to produce your tracks to high professional standards.
The mixer ” FL9 includes a superb 104-track stereo track mixer that is about precision, control, and flexibility. The mixer's tracks each hold up to 8 effects (VST, DX, or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing chains of almost unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track, one of 4 dedicated send channels and/or the Master track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plug-ins. Finally, each of the mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface.
Effects ” What about effects? FL Studio includes plenty of effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, and reverb. These have cover the audio spectrum from creative broad-brush effects, through to the minutia of the mastering process.
Open plug-in standards ” FL Studio supports all PC industry plug-in effect standards including VST (1/2), DX(1/2), Buzz, and Rewire. This means you can mix with your favorite plug-ins and applications.
- Over 370 additions, changes & bugfixes featuring:
- Sidechaining: The FL Studio Mixer Track Send now has an additional Sidechain mode to support multiple-input mixer plug-ins
- Multi-core CPU (Hyperthreading): Improved multithreaded generator & added multithreaded effects processing
- Multiple controllers: can now control multiple independent instrument channels, assigned by MIDI number
- New volatile linking feature
- Wrapper: Aligned tick lengths checkbox for greater plug-in compatibility
- Revised Playlist
- Playlist track naming & icon: tools for better song organization
- Playlist track mute controls
- Piano roll
- Riff machine: Automatic sequence generator tool.
- Note Grouping: New feature (works on selecting, moving, resizing, deletion, muting, shifting using mouse-wheel)
- More tracks: Now has 99 Insert tracks (up from 64)
- Multi-core CPU support: Added 'multithreaded mixer' tracks processing for improved multi-core performance
- Autogun (free): Sonic adventure, Based on Ogun.
- Sakura (demo): String physical modelling instrument
- Ogun (demo): Additive metal simulation synthesizer
- Gross Beat (demo): Realtime, audio-stream playback, pitch, position and volume manipulation effect
- Stereo Shaper (free): Mid / Side stereo processing
- SimSynth Live, DrumSynth Live, DX-10, WASP and WASP XT are now included in FL Studio
- Fruity Reeverb 2: Added Mid vs Side input signal processing
- Fruity Wrapper: Now supports multiple inputs/outputs (free)
- Wavecandy: Visualization & analysis tools (free)
- Fruity Limiter: Compressor section now has sidechaining (free)
- Presets: Drop effect presets onto mixer tracks & channels, mixer track presets onto effect slots and channels, channel & generator presets onto mixer tracks & effect slots
- Windows file shell menu: Available from Browser (right-click) item menu
- All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured, giving you access to features associated with the highest level of the program (Producer Edition). Compose new songs and export them to WAV, MP3 or OGG. The only limitation is that projects saved in demo mode will only open fully once FL Studio and plug-ins have been registered. This gives you the ability to save recover your original projects post-purchase.
- FL9 will fit easily within your current software supporting VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, MP3, WAV, OGG, MIDI, ASIO, ASIO 2, REWIRE, REX 1 & 2
- Additionally supported through DirectWave Editor: AKAI AKP (S5/6K,Z4,Z8), Battery (version 1), MPC, Reason, Kurzweil, EXS24, KONTAKT (version 1 & 2), Recycle, SFZ+, and SoundFont2
- FL Studio not only supports VST, DX, & ReWire plug-ins and includes Image Line's own advanced FL Studio 'native plug-in' architecture. The FL native format overcomes several major limitations of the VST & VST2 format and allows:
- Quick linking of controls and automation. Simply right click any knob or slider to link it to a (MIDI or internal) controller and automate it.
- Full expressive control per note control (pitch, volume & panning), and multiple independent note slides which are color-coded in the Piano roll.
- FL Studio is one of the most open virtual music studios currently available. It (natively) hosts:
- ¢FL Studio plug-ins
- ¢VST Effects & VSTi Instruments
- ¢ReWire clients
- ¢DX Effects & DXi Instruments
- ¢Buzz Effects & Instruments
- If you want to use your existing sequencer, just plug FL Studio into any host you can find. It works as a multi-out client, including as a VSTi client, ReWire client, and DXi client.
- FL Studio can be loaded and used as a VSTi or DXi2 instrument in a compatible host application. In this mode the output is sent to the host and the play/stop events and tempo are synchronized. Control of FL Studio channels and parameters using MIDI messages is supported, and you can also send each plug-in's output to a separate output if the host supports VSTi/DXi plug-ins with multiple outputs.
- Multi-out VSTi, Rewire & DXi softsynths
- VST & DX effects
- FPC: Fruity Pad Controller
- FL Studio Generators & FX
- Usable as multi-out VSTi client in hosts like Cubase
- Usable as multi-out ReWire client in hosts like Sonar
- Usable as multi-out DXi client in hosts like Sonar
- Use external MIDI keyboards & MIDI controllers
- Import & export MIDI files
- MIDI SysEx input and basic MMC functions
- Reads .WAV, .MP3, .SYN, .DS, .Speech files
- Step sequencer with integrated Piano keyboard
- Pianoroll (allowing chords)
- Full, realtime recording & automation of all parameters
- Internal controllers
- Automatic slicer (that reads .REX files)
- More than 15 generators (softsynths) included
- Over 40 HQ FX (effects) included
- Pattern-based event automation
- 99 Insert & 4 Send Tracks with 8 FX channels each
- Post FX Parametric EQ, Volume, Pan, VU meter
- Full FX (re)routing
- Lifetime Free updates available
- Download more than 2GB of HQ samples on SampleFusion
- Watch dozens of online Video Tutorials
- Exchange songs & tips with users & developers in our forums
- Multi-out ASIO
- MIDI out
- Render to .WAV (16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit)
- Render to .MP3 (32K-bit up to 320K-bit)
- Render to .OGG (32K-bit up to 450K-bit)
- Render separate 'stems' for each mixer track
- FL versions of SimSynth Live, DX-10, DrumSynth, WASP, WASP XT, SynthMaker Player
- Delay, Delay Bank, Equo, Flangus, Love Philter, Vocoder, Parametric EQ & EQ2, Multiband Compressor, Spectroman, Stereo Enhancer, Wave Candy, Wave Shaper, Soundgoodizer
- 3xOsc, Sampler, BooBass, Beepmap, Plucked, Fruit Kick, Chrome, FPC, WaveTraveller, Dashboard, KB Controller, Fruity Vibrator, MIDI Out, FL Slayer, FL Keys, Granuliser
- DirectWave Player
- +1900 presets using 600 WAV files
- Generic Sample CD
- 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
- (or) Intel Mac with Bootcamp (running XP or Vista)
- Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000 (32- & 64-bit)
- 512MB RAM
- 500MB Free hard disk space
- Windows-compatible soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO drivers are required for audio recording (FL installer comes with generic Asio4All drivers)
- The faster your CPU, the more channels you will be able to run simultaneously and/or the more effects you will be able to use. The more memory you have the larger the samples you will be able to load.
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
i was messin around one day on my friend's computer and came across the fruity loops program. i went home grabbed my guitar, microphone and came back and did a song. i was pleased with the quality and ease of use. the finished result was not too shabby. i will definately consider buying this product when i am ready to purchase a computer.
I've been using FL Studio Producer Edition for some time now, and it truly is the most incredible piece of software (for the price) I've used in my entire life. The multitude of file formats it supports and is able to create is outstanding, and the interpolation system is practically flawless.I must say, the layout and UI is a little complex and hard to get used to, but once you know your way around well enough the amount of enjoyment follows that progression. I, personally, love FL Studio, and I recommend it to anyone who's a new producer or interested in music production. Heck, you can even get FL Studio to just make some rockin music. All across the board, 5 stars.
FL studio is one of the most underrated software in the music industry. Some producers used Fl studtio to produce Jay-z, T-Pain, lil wayne, em, 50 cent, young buck, mary J......the list goes on. Now many producers are jumping on the fl studio band wagon. I recommend that you download the trial software from fl studios website and I bet within a week that you will buy the full version.