10" full-fidelity speaker for fixed indoor/outdoor installations.
The Control 30 speaker utilizes high-power components, computer-optimized horn and coaxial component design, speaker cabinet manufacturing techniques, and a complex network to achieve smooth high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled, defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. A symmetrical mid-high frequency horn allows use of the speaker in either vertical or horizontal orientation. The Control 30 Speaker has a smooth frequency response and cone-midrange performance ensures excellent sound character throughout the frequency band, over the entire listening area. The top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows use of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In bypass position, the 8-ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers on a loudspeaker line.
The InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41° off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36° (horn end inward) or 23° (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-30UB (-WH) U-bracket allows for compact installation and is particularly useful for low-profile, under-balcony applications.
Weather resistance on the Control 30 speaker has been maximized. The neodymium magnet LF woofer has a fiberglass and Kevlar composite cone, the surround is pure butyl rubber, and the basket is rear loaded to minimize exposure. The MR cone of the coaxial mid-high driver is anodized aluminum with a formulation EPDM rubber surround, and the HF compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium. The coaxial component is protected by an acoustically transparent screen. The grille is thermoset composite coated and stands up very well to UV as well as humidity. The grille is backed with WeatherMax multi-layer foam, which prevents the direct incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2-sealed entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker's terminals.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response
- Fully outdoor-capable design, featuring WeatherMax
- 120°x 110°HF coverage
- 150-watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohms thru
- SonicGuard overload protection
- 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone LF woofer, with neodymium magnet coaxial
- 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone MR, and 1" (25 mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- InvisiBall mounting hardware, plus ten 6 mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket.
- Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
Control 30 Three-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Specifications:
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 38 Hz — 17 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 40 Hz — 16 kHz
- 100 Hr Power Capacity: 500 Watts Continuous Program Power, 250 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: Short-Term: 123 dB; Long-Term: 117 dB
- Nominal Sensitivity (half-space average 100 Hz to 10 kHz): 93 dB, 1W @ 3.3' (1m)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 120°H x 110°V
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.2, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 7.1 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 10 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Type: 3rd order Low Pass LF, 2nd order High Pass/3rd order Low Pass MF, 3rd order High Pass, HF, plus conjugate shaping circuitry.
- Transformer Taps: 70V: 150W, 75W, 38W, 19W; 100V: 150W, 75W, 38W
- Thru Position: 8 ohms nominal
- Low Frequency: 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 2" (50 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former, neodymium magnet
- Mid Frequency: 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone with EPDM rubber (Terpolymer of Ethylene and Propylene) surround, 1" (25 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former
- High Frequency: 1" (25 mm) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
- Enclosure Material: High Impact PolyStyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill plus internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold
- Grille: Thermoset composite coated steel, WeatherMax multi-layer foam
- Overload Protection: SonicGuard full range power limiting to protect network and trans-
- Environmental: IEC 529 IP-X5 rating. Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray,
- temperature & UV. Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper base, nickel-plated
- metal screws/washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside, 4 mm inside open lug (#6, #8 or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG/2.5 mm2)
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Dimensions: 23.3"H x 14.6"W x 13.5"D (593x372x345mm)
- Weight (each): 42 lbs. (18.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight (each): 45 lbs. (20.3 kg)
- Included Accessories: 1 pc MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall mounting base, 6x305mm InvisiBall Hex wrench
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about JBL Control 30 Three-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker:
I got tired of no bass response with my patio speakers so I parted with a large chunk of change and purchased a pair of Control 30s. Yikes, these bad boys don't mess around. If you can afford them, you will love the awesome deep bass they deliver (38Hz @ -10dB). They get it done for most any music I'll be tracking. Plus you can mount them or fly them a jillion different ways. The InvisiBall mount is wonderful.