- Product 600425
JBL PRX515 2-Way Speaker System 15" Pair
- Write a Review
The JBL PRX515 is a self-powered, lightweight two-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance. The PRX515 audio sp...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Great sounding speakers with front-end DSP control.
The JBL PRX515 is a self-powered, lightweight two-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance. The PRX515 audio speaker is comprised of a 380 mm (15 in) 265F Differential Drive woofer, a 2408H 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 70° by 70 ° horn, all driven by a multi-channel Crown International Class-D digital power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
The speaker enclosure is constructed of quality plywood and coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish. Durable polypropylene end-caps add extra protection for the cabinet. An integrated pole mount on the bottom endcap enables easy deployment. The CNC machined steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference. The grille is also lined with an acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- Differential Drive woofer
- 1.5" annual polymer diaphragm
- compression driver
- Class-D, Crown digital amplifier
- DSP input section with crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and 1/4"
- Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Illuminated logo for clear Power-On status
- Integrated pole mount socket
- DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Polypropylene end-caps enhance durability
- Wrap around heavy duty steel grille provides protection without obstructing performance.
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
You deserve JBL quality sound. Order your PRX515 speakers today.
- Frequency Range: 45 Hz — 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz — 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedance:64 K Ohms (balanced), 32 K Ohms (unbalanced)
- Power Capacity: 500 W continuous, 1000 W peak
- Rated Maximum SPL: 133 dB SPL peak
- Coverage Pattern: 70 degree x 70 degree nominal
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 32 in x 17.25 in x 18.25 in
- Weight: 57 lb (ea.)
- High Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2408H 1.5 in annular polymer diaphragm,
- neodymium compression driver
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 265F 15 in Differential Drive woofer
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Many features, volume knob on back with peak light, as well as duel 1/4inch and XLR inputs, with xlr out. built in crown is perfect. 500w with amp for 1000$ a peice!!! You can't find that anywhere at this quality. 2 best names out there matched up. With 2 of these u can easly play at sweet 16s or medium venues. I didn't even hit half volume and I could hear the 2 by 4s rattling in the wall next to me as I was playing. Now thats punch! And that was without a sub!! You cant go wrong with these!
I wonder why manufacturers keep making such a 15 inch 2 way systems which are incapable of producing clear midrange, which is critical for vocals. This particular PRX-515 is no exception. Neither of its drivers, the 15 inch cone or horn, are by design not meant to reproduce 800-2000 Hz zone. As a result, you end up with weak and muddy vocals. It is not a true top box either, which is not going to blend smoothly with subs. I suspect this box is target to sell to uninformed musicians and djs. Professional sound engineers are very likely to stay away from it.