- Product 600424
JBL PRX518S Self-Powered Subwoofer Pair
- Write a Review
The JBL PRX518S offers the performance of an 18" subwoofer in a package not much larger than a typical 15" sub. With a 36mm pole receptacle that acce...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The JBL PRX518S offers the performance of an 18" subwoofer in a package not much larger than a typical 15" sub. With a 36mm pole receptacle that accepts the JBL SS3-BK speaker stand on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter, this is the perfect complement to the PRX500 full-range systems. Configured with a PRX512M or PRX515; the result is a highly transportable, high performance sub-satellite system. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
The PRX518 is a high performance self-powered compact subwoofer system. The PRX518S is comprised of a 2044E 460 mm (18") VGC (Vented Gap Cooled) woofer driven by a Crown International Class-D digital power amplifier. A propriety digital processing chip (DSP) chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable crossover functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
The speaker enclosure is constructed of quality plywood and coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish. An integrated pole mount on the top enables an easy sub/satellite configuration. The CNC machined steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference. The grille is also lined with an acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection.
The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or 1/4 inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- JBL VGC (Vented Gap Cooled) woofer
- Class-D, Crown digital amplifier
- DSP, input section with selectable crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable polarity reverse
- Professional XLR line and 1/4" Mic/Instrument inputs
- Stereo input and Loop-Thru capability
- Illuminated logo for clear Power-On status
- Top panel pole mount socket for sub-satellite configuration
- DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Wrap around heavy-duty steel grille provides protection without obstructing performance
PRX518S Self-Powered Subwoofer Pair
- Frequency Range: 37Hz—14 Hz
- Frequency Response: 52Hz—110Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 34K Ohms (balanced), 18K Ohms (unbalanced)
- Power Capacity: 500 W continuous, 1000W peak
- Rated Maximum SPL: 129 dB SPL peak
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 28.5" x 21" x 24"
- Weight: 79 lb (ea.)
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2044E 18" woofer
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I bought these about 6 months ago, and the best thing I can do is tell you what my drummer said. He is a sound genius and has ten times the equipment and experience I do with live sound. He said "I hate to say it, but your JBLs sound better than my subs." Nuff said. They rock, they are easy to deal with (no pwer amps) and they are very light. Trust me-go with powered speakers. Saves time and hassle if you are a weekend warrior rocker like me.