- Product H95898
Lewitt Audio Microphones LCT 840 Reference Class Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
First choice studio microphone.
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns - omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid - make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
Like all Lewitt mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit (PSU).
Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: The microphone is equipped with a plexiglass inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference.
In short: The unique combination of innovative design, high-end technology and tube-typical sound quality ensures magical takes.
- Lead and background vocals
- Acoustic instruments
- Wind instruments
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Five consistent directional characteristics ï¿½ cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broad cardioid and supercardioid ï¿½ offer maximum flexibility
- Superior dynamic range of 130 dB-A (Tube) and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 840 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminum front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
Order today and you may just have a new favorite in your locker.
LCT 840 Reference Class Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer, externally polarized
Directional patterns: omni, broad-cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-8, all selectable on remote control
Frequency rang:e 20 - 20.000 Hz
Sensitivity: 23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), cardioid
20 mV / Pa (-34 dBV), omni
23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), figure-8
Signal / noise ratio 85 dB-A
Equivalent noise level (IEC 61672-1) 9 dB-A, cardioid
10 dB-A, omni (IEC 61672-1)
9 dB-A, figure-8 (IEC 61672-1)
Dynamic range of mic. Amp. 130 dB-A
Max. SPL for 0,5 % THD 139 dB, 0 dB Pre-attenuation
149 dB, 10 dB Pre-attenuation
159 dB, 20 dB Pre-attenuation
Pre-attenuation pad 10 dB
selectable on remote control
Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB / octave at 40 Hz
6 dB / octave at 300 Hz
Rated impedance: < 200 ohms
Rated load impedance: > 1.000 ohms
Supply voltage custom power supply unit
230 V, 50 Hz
110 V, 60 Hz
Current consumption: 170 mA
Connector: gold plated 11-pin XLR
Cable 8 m (26 ft)
11-pin audio cable
Dimensions (Mic): 7,5 x 2,4 x 1,8"
Dimensions (PSU): 9,8 x 5,9 x 2,8 inch
Net weight (Mic): 23,3 oz
Net weight (PSU) 66,8 oz