- 501849 000000000 501849000000000
Lynx Aurora 16 AD/DA Converter 1U
- Write a Review
The single rack unit Lynx Aurora 16 AD/DA converter provides world-class analog to digital and digital to analog audio conversion. With sample rates ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
16-channel, 192kHz AD/DA converter with front-panel control of all routing and sample rate options.
The single rack unit Lynx Aurora 16 AD/DA converter provides world-class analog to digital and digital to analog audio conversion. With sample rates up to 192 kHz, the Aurora 16 offers wide, open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast, and production. Lynx's exclusive SynchroLock word clock offers extreme jitter reduction, providing clean digital audio signals for Aurora and other digital devices in your studio.
The Lynx Aurora 16 also avoids some of the limitations that other pro-level audio converters have. It does not have a noisy fan or lose channel count at higher sample rates. Also, the Aurora 16 doesn't require costly analog and digital modules to achieve the converter's full channel count.
The Aurora 16 can be used with any audio content. Equalization and limiting functions, which can color or alter the sound, have not been added. Lynx's design provides accurate conversion, clear clean audio, wide imaging”the sound you put into the Aurora 16 audio converter is the sound that you get out of it.
The Lynx Aurora 16 was nominated for a TEC award in 2005.
- Simultaneous 16-channel analog I/O and 16-channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24-bit/192kHz mastering quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192kHz AES/EBU I/O supporting single and dual wire modes
- Single rack space configuration
- Extensive remote control capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- Onboard 32-channel digital mixer provides flexible I/O routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock sample clock technology
- Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant
Aurora 16 AD/DA Converter 1U
AC Power: 115VAC, 70W
Size 1.75"H x 19"W x 9"D
Certifications: CE and FCC Class B EMI, CE product safety
16 inputs and 16 outputs
Type: Electronically balanced or unbalanced
Level: +4 dBu nominal/+20 dBu max. or -10 dBV nominal/+6 dBV max.
Input impedance Balanced mode: 24 Ohms
Unbalanced mode: 12 Ohms
Output Impedance Balanced mode: 100 Ohms
Unbalanced mode: 50 Ohms
Output drive: 600 Ohm impedance, 0.2F capacitance
A/D and D/A Type: 24-bit multilevel, delta-sigma
Analog In Performance:
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
Dynamic range: 117dB, A-weighted
Channel crosstalk: -120 dB maximum, 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
THD + N: -108dB (0.0004%) @ -1 DBFS, -104dB (0.0006%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW
Analog Out Performance:
Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
Dynamic range 117 dB, A-weighted
Channel crosstalk -120 dB max., 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
THD + N: -107dB (0.00045%) @ -1 DBFS, -106dB (0.00050%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22Hz - 22kHz BW
Number/Type: 16 inputs and 16 outputs, 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
Channels: 16 in/out in single-wire mode, 8 in/out in dual-wire mode
Sample rates: all standard rates and variable rates up to 192kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
Onboard digital mixer (via AES16):
Type: Hardware-based, low latency
Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple
Mixing: Up to four input or playback signals mixed to any output, 40-bit precision
Status" Peak levels to -114dB on all inputs and outputs
Digital I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors
Port A: channels 1-8 I/O
Port B: channels 9-16 I/O (Aurora 16 only)
Yamaha pinout standard
Analog I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors.
Analog In 1-8
Analog In 9-16
Analog Out 1-8
Analog Out 9-16
Tascam pinout standard
External Clock: 75-Ohm BNC word clock input and output
MIDI: One input and one output, standard opto-isolated, 5-pin female DIN connectors
Remote Control Options:
Function: Controls all I/O, levels, monitoring, routing, and setting recall
Method: AES16”with PC or Macintosh
IrDA”For compatible pocket PCs and laptops
MIDI”Selected MIDI devices
LSlot Expansion Port:
Compatibility: supports Lynx LSlot expansion cards
Channels: Up to 16 input and 16 output simultaneously at up to 192kHz sample rate
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.