- J45760 000000000 J45760000000000
Lynx Aurora 16 USB AD/DA Converter
- Write a Review
The Aurora 16 AD/DA converter provides world-class analog to digital and digital to analog conversion in a compact one-rack space format. With sample...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Four channels of analog I/O, four channels of digital I/O.
The Aurora 16 AD/DA converter provides world-class analog to digital and digital to analog conversion in a compact one-rack space format. With sample rates up to 192 kHz, Aurora offers wide, open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast and production.
Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock word clock offers extreme jitter reduction, providing clean digital audio signals for Aurora and other digital devices in the studio. The rear panel has Clock and MIDI In and Out connectors and the pre-installed LT-USB card which allows Aurora to connect to Mac or Windows machines via USB for digital input and output.
Aurora also avoids some of the limitations that other pro level converters have in that it does not have a noisy fan, does not lose channel count at higher sample rates and does not require costly analog and digital modules to achieve the unit’s full channel count.
Aurora can be used with any audio content. Equalization and limiting functions, which can color or alter the sound, have not been added. Lynx’s design provides accurate conversion, clear clean audio, wide imaging – the sound you put into Aurora is the sound that you get out of Aurora.
Several interfaces allow Aurora to be used in a number of different configurations. LT-HDallows Aurora to be recognized by and controlled from an Avid® ProTools|HD® system. The LT-USB is a USB 2.0 device for up to 16 I/O channels. Thunderbolt connectivity is added using the LT-TB. And Lynx AES16 and AES16e allow interface with a wide range of Windows and Macintosh computers.
The Aurora 16 was nominated for a TEC award in 2005. Aurora with LT-HD was nominated for a 2007 TEC award.
- Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, AES16e and MIDI
- On-board 32 Channel Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLockTM Sample Clock Technology
- Digital I/O DB-25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Analog I/O DB-25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant
- Available in 100V, 115V and 230V models
Clean, uncolored processing. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.