- J22446 000000000 J22446000000000
M-Audio AV42 Studio Monitor Pair
- Write a Review
The M-Audio AV42 monitors are encased in acoustically-inert MDF cabinets that eliminate clarity-robbing resonances. Inside, Class A/B amplification p...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Studio monitor pair with 4" woofer and acoustically treated cabinets.
The M-Audio AV42 monitors are encased in acoustically-inert MDF cabinets that eliminate clarity-robbing resonances. Inside, Class A/B amplification provides 20 Watts of power per channel. The two-way design features an optimized bass reflex design and OptImage IV waveguides to deliver extended bass and crystal-clear highs.Offering rear-panel RCA inputs, the AV42 speakers are compatible with all your gear. There is even a 1/8" aux input for your tablet, computer, or mobile device. The convenient headphone output allows you to work privately at any hour. Ideal for producing all kinds of media, the AV42 monitor speakers are also perfect for gaming, watching videos, and listening to music. Cables are included.
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofers for tight, accurate bass
- 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters for clear, pristine highs
- OptImage IV tweeter wave guides for superior imaging and detail
- 20-watt per channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture
- RCA inputs for connecting gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers, and more
- Front-panel 1/8-inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your laptop or desktop computer, MP3 player, or other audio sources
- Front-panel 1/8-inch headphone output
- Front-panel volume control
- Acoustically-inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound
- Attractive black vinyl laminate finish
Upgrade your sound with the AV42 monitor speakers from M-Audio.
AV42 Studio Monitor Pair
- Type: Two-way desktop reference speaker
Low-Frequency Driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, with high-temperature voice coil
High-Frequency Driver: 1" diameter, silk cone tweeter
Frequency Response: 85 Hz “ 20 kHz
Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input, and 1/8" aux input
Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
Dynamic Power: 20 watts continuous, per channel into 4 Î
Input Impedance: 10 k Î unbalanced
Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
Indicator: blue power LED for aligning wave guide
Power Requirements: 100-120V/50/60 Hz, 220-240V/50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Use
- Breaks Easily
Comments about M-Audio AV42 Studio Monitor Pair:
These sat on my desk as lightly used computer speakers. Worked fine for about 2 years until they didn't. Contacting m-audio resulted in a form email with no reply address and they never got back to me. For that reason alone I would avoid these speakers and this company.
Comments about AV42 Studio Monitor Pair:
Stopped working after about 2 weeks and had to send them back. The bass and eq's were not that good on them to begin with so for them to just go out on me was very disappointing.