- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
M-Audio BX8a Monitor and Mic Package
- Write a Review
- Product 582251
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
BX8a Monitor and Mic Package includes 2 M-Audio Studiophile BX8a active monitors, MXL MXL 990 and MXL 991 recording mics, pair of Audio-Technica ATH-...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
A value-priced mic and monitor system that will produce studio quality results.
BX8a Monitor and Mic Package includes 2 M-Audio Studiophile BX8a active monitors, MXL MXL 990 and MXL 991 recording mics, pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20 closed-back headphones, 2 - MS-220 tripod mic stands with fixed booms, 2 - 20' mic cables, and 2 - 10' 1/4" cables.
Studiophile BX8a Deluxe Active Monitors
Recording professionals around the world trust M-Audio Studiophile reference monitors for exceptional sonic accuracy. The Studiophile BX8a Deluxe system builds on this legacy with waveguides and enhanced driver integration for greater high-frequency clarity and refined sound. The magnetically shielded monitors feature 8" curved Kevlar low-frequency drivers plus high-temperature voice coils and damped rubber surrounds for durability and fidelity. The 1-1/4" natural silk, waveguide-loaded tweeters deliver a high end that's both clear and easy on the ears. Custom-tuned crossovers distribute 130W of bi-amplified power for optimal frequency handling by each driver.
The Studiophile BX8a Deluxe monitors update the best-selling M-Audio BX8a system with a variety of enhancements. The new waveguide delivers a cleaner sound. Custom amplifier tuning enhances the integration between the high and low frequencies, delivering refined spectral balance and a smoother response. An elegant new industrial design completes the package.
Kevlar low-frequency drivers
To insure a lifetime of service, M-Audio constructed the BX8a monitor's 8" low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar's high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. M-Audio's engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and ensure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And M-Audio's high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
M-Audio's high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the high Q ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. In addition, M-Audio's waveguides refine the high-frequency response. M-Audio's FerroFlow technology uses ferrofluid liquid cooling to dissipate heat for maximum efficiency and extended usage.
Active monitors have a distinct advantage over unpowered monitors because the built-in power amps are specially designed to work with the drivers and crossovers in a tuned system. Bi-amplification further refines the concept by dedicating separate power amps to the highs and lows. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, this design insures that both the high- and low-frequency drivers are asked to deliver only the frequencies they are most efficient at reproducing.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The Studiophile BX8a Deluxe monitor's cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance - right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. Custom rear-port design audibly reduces the turbulence and resulting distortion caused by poorly designed ports.
Unchecked, the electromagnetic waves emanating from your speakers can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The BX8a Deluxe is magnetically shielded so that all of your electronic equipment can coexist without interference.
MXL MXL 990/991 Recording Microphone Package
The MXL MXL 990/991 Recording Mic Package is a 2-microphone kit with the latest in MXL's range of studio condenser microphones. The 990 mic has silky, sweet high end and a tight solid bass, perfect for recording vocals. The 991 mic is a superior instrument microphone designed for recording acoustic guitar and drum overheads. Both have gold-sputtered diaphragms (20mm) creating a professional sound perfectly suited for digital and analog recording. The MXL MXL 990/991 Recording Mic Package includes a high-impact carrying case and mic stand adapters.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Closed-back headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Closed-Back Headphones feature 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils for exceptional clarity, rich bass, and extended high-frequency response. The circumaural, closed-back design ensures superior isolation. Lightweight with an adjustable cushioned headband for maximum comfort. ⅛" (3.5 mm) stereo connector and snap-on ¼" (6.3 mm) adapter. 10' coiled cable with left-side entry.
MS-220 tripod mic stand with fixed boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". 30-1/4" boom is not adjustable.
- Two-way studio reference monitors
- Deluxe edition delivers extended low-frequency response and refined sound
- 130 watts of continuous bi-amplified power
- 8" low-frequency drivers with: curved Kevlar cones, high-temperature voice coils, and damped rubber surround
- 1-1/4" high-frequency drivers with: natural silk domes, integrated waveguides, and magnetic shielding
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs
- Power indicator
- Volume control
- The 990 for vocals with silky highs and tight, solid lows
- The 991 for acoustic guitars and drum overheads
- 20mm gold-sputtered diaphragms
- Comes with carrying case and mic stand adapters
- Suited for digital and analog recording
- Operation Closed-back
- Impedance 40 ohms
- Maximum Input Power 1,200mW at 1kHz
- Weight (less cable) 7.1 oz. (230 g)
- Frequency Response 30-20,000Hz
- Sensitivity (1mW) 98dB
Get these matched studio essentials all at an outstanding price!
- Frequency response: 40Hz-22kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.2kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 70 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 60 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): >100dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20k ohms balanced,10k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115V 50/60Hz or 230V50/60Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, Turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size: 12" x 10" x 15"; 30.48cm x 25.4cm x 38.1cm
- Weight: 26.4 lbs./unit; 11.97 kg
Size: 60mm x 130mmWeight: 1.2 lbsMetal Finish: Champagne
Size: 22mm x 134mmWeight: 0.35 lbsMetal Finish: Champagne