- Product 703609
M-Audio Fast Track Studio USB Bundle
- Write a Review
The Fast Track Studio USB bundle is your complete solution whether you're just getting started or want to take your music to the next level with your...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
USB interface package includes software and a mic!
The Fast Track Studio USB bundle is your complete solution whether you're just getting started or want to take your music to the next level with your PC or Mac. For starters, you get a professional audio interface for recording guitar, vocals, and more. The Fast Track Studio USB Bundle also includes GT Player Express software for great virtual guitar effects without any additional gear. There's even a dynamic vocal microphone included. Fast Track Studio is compatible with most popular software like Apple's GarageBand. It's so easy to set up that you'll be making music immediately. This all-in-one solution is based on the same M-Audio technology used by recording professionals in studios around the world.
GT Player Express - Guitar Effects/Practice Software
The included GT Player Express software gives you killer effects and virtual stomp boxes so you don't need any other gear to sound great. GT Player Express also plays standard audio files like AAC, MP3 and WAV that let you learn and jam along with your favorite music at variable speeds. You even get a ton of ProSessions drum loops to jam with--it's like having a real drummer on call.
SoundCheck - Dynamic Vocal Microphone
Fast Track Studio includes the SoundCheck--a high-quality microphone with a frequency response tailored to bring out the best in your vocals. It also features a contoured design that feels great in the hand, a convenient on/off switch, and an internal dual-layer pop filter. A professional low-noise microphone cable is also included.
- Easy to connect and use
- Includes Fast Track USB high-quality audio interface:
- Professional 24-bit/48kHz sound
- Dynamic microphone input (XLR) with gain ontrol and signal LEDs
- Switchable instrument/line input (1/4" TS)
- Stereo headphone output (1/8" TRS)
- Stereo output jacks (RCA)
- Level control for headphones and main outputs
- USB bus-powered
- USB class-compliant (OS X 10.3.5 and higher) for plug-and-play operation
- Compatible with GarageBand and most other music software
- Direct hardware monitoring for synchronized Overdubs
- Mono switch sends input signal equally to left and right channels
- Includes GT Player Express software:
- Professional effects
- Virtual guitar stomp box effects modeling
- Plays standard audio files with variable speed Playback
- Stand-alone operation, ReWire or VST plug-in
- Includes SoundCheck dynamic vocal microphone:
- Unidirectional capsule pattern
- Internal two layer pop filter design
- On/off switch
- Contoured body design for comfort
Grab this opportunity to score a great USB interface eith a host of extras that make a complete music-making solution!
Fast Track Studio USB Bundle
- Pentium II 350 w/ 64MB RAM
- OS X 10.2.8 or greater, 128MB RAM
- G3* 300MHz/G4* 350MHz
- * native USB port required; G3/G4 accelerator cards not supported
- sample rates: 44.1kHz and 48kHz
- MICROPHONE INPUT
- max input: -2.2dBu (0.6 Vrms), min. gain
- signal-to-noise ratio: -100dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted), min. gain
- dynamic range: 100dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted), min. gain
- THD + N: 0.0053%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz, min. gain
- frequency response: -0.12 / +0.08dB, 22Hz to 22kHz @ 48kHz, min. gain
- available gain: 45dB
- input impedance: 1M Ohms
- INPUT (GUITAR SETTING)
- max input: +3.2dBV (1.5 Vrms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: -97dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- dynamic range: 97dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- THD + N: 0.0049%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz
- frequency response: -0.45 / +0.00dB, 22Hz to 22kHz @ 48kHz
- input impedance: 500K Ohms
- INPUT (LINE SETTING)
- max input: +2.3dBV (1.3 Vrms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: -98dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- dynamic range: 98dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- THD + N: 0.0045%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz
- frequency response: -0.35 / +0.01dB, 22Hz to 22kHz @ 48kHz
- input impedance: 20K Ohms (bal.), 10K Ohms (unbal.)
- LINE OUTPUTS
- max output: +2dBV (1.2 Vrms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: -105dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- dynamic range: 105dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- THD + N: 0.0039%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz
- frequency response: -0.15 / +0.03dB, 22Hz to 22kHz @ 48kHz
- crosstalk: -100dB, 1kHz, channel-to-channel
- output impedance: 240 Ohms
- HEADPHONE OUTPUTS:
- max output (@ 32-ohms): -2dBV (0.8 Vrms)
- signal-to-noise ratio: -102dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- dynamic range: 102dB @ 48kHz (A-weighted)
- THD + N: 0.0395%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz
- frequency response: -0.20 / +0.05dB, 22Hz to 22kHz @ 48kHz
- crosstalk: -80dB, 1kHz, channel-to-channel
- output impedance: less than 1 Ohm
- headphone impedance: 32 to 600 Ohms recommended
- SOUNDCHECK IMPEDANCE:
- capsule pattern: unidirectional
- frequency response: 70Hz-15kHz
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
I agree this is a very noisy piece of equipment. I just purchased a pair of the top of the line studio monitors and the buzzing I hear from the fast track is out of control. I am ready to toss it in the garbage. I will not play my new monitors with M-audio fast track its useless to me.
This unit is great for garageband. Good quality, good demos. No hissing. For those who say they have hissing and buzzing, it must be a faulty cord or unit. For a while, I did have horrible hissing, but then I discovered I was using a bad cord. Since I changed cords, no problems.
I bought an M-Audio Fast Track USB a few months ago, and still have not been able to get it to work right. All I get out of this box is insane buzzing that goes berzerk when you turn up the mic input, even with nothing plugged in but the headphones. It's pretty obviously a faulty unit, but good luck getting M-Audio's tech support to acknowledge that and give you an RMA. They seem clueless --- weeks of back and forth and no resolution, and no willingness so far for them to honor the warranty. On top of that, the GT Player Express bundle is missing the effects plugin. Worse, the Fast Track's install program doesn't even work properly. Crappy software, broken hardware, lousy tech support. Don't bother.For comparison, I bought a Line 6 Tone Port UX1 a year ago. Installed easily, works flawlessly and comes with Gear Box, which is just jaw-droppingly good. Cheaper, too.
Do yourself a favor. Do NOT buy this. This is quite possibly the single worst piece of recording hardware ever created. I bought this a year or 2 on account of the low price and have hated it ever since. The quality is absolutely abysmal. If you're trying to have low-quality recordings where the noise is louder than the actual instrument signal, go ahead and buy it. However, if you want anything remotely decent-sounding to the years, do not buy it, no matter how low your budget is. In addition to a good amount of professional studio work, i've tinkered around with demos on this and, before this, a digital video camera (exporting the audio from the file on a video editing program) and I have to say that the camera got noticeably better audio quality than this piece of crap. Basically, I am warning you. Do NOT spend your money this way. I can guarantee that you will be sorry.
This was just what I was looking for.I play guitar and sing (ballads country mostly).This unit has a guitar and mike interface to a computer with a simple USB plug that also powers the unit.In the end it gave me crisp vocals and I didnt even know me guitar could sound so good.OK now for the "but" part your waiting for.The instructions for installing and operating this unit (and its software) will only help you if your already know how to do it.There are some fair instructions with sound card and driver adjustments, but, something this technical should have step by step color screen shots and lots of explanations.The operation is a real mystery. Use friendly is not what your going to get here. It will take a lot of trial and error to figure out how to run this thing.