- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
M-Audio SBX Powered Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Product 602037
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the M-Audio SBX Powered Subwoofer it's easy to get the bass sound you need. With so many consumers using subwoofers these days, you're not reall...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
120W of bone-shaking bass in your face.
With the M-Audio SBX Powered Subwoofer it's easy to get the bass sound you need. With so many consumers using subwoofers these days, you're not really mixing accurately without having a sub yourself. M-Audio's unique Stereo Bass Management System splits the signal at the variable crossover frequency, routing everything below to the sub and everything above to the mains.
What's Stereo Bass Management?
When subwoofers are added to many systems, all frequencies are routed to both the main monitors and the sub. The sub typically has a low-pass filter to roll off the highs as does the SBX. The problem is that both the main monitors and the sub are still trying to put out the same low frequencies, thereby compromising fidelity. Our Stereo Bass Management System solves that and delivers optimal quality. The SBX accommodates the stereo outputs from your mixer, and your main monitors then connect to outputs on the sub. The SBX's internal crossover network splits the signal at a user-defined crossover frequency (50-180Hz), routing everything below it to the internal sub and everything above it the main outputs. This significantly improves fidelity because the sub and mains aren't tripping over each other to reproduce the same frequency and each component only has to reproduce frequencies to which it is ideally suited.
- Type: Bass-reflex powered subwoofer
- Woofer Driver: 8-inch mineral-filled polypropylene cone with high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 180Hz
- Crossover Frequency: Adjustable 50Hz - 180Hz
- Input Sensitivity: 89dB
- Amplifier Power: 100W @100Hz, 4 ohm, 0.1% THD
- Dynamic Power: 120W
- S/N Ratio: > 100dB below full output, 100Hz
- Input Connectors: 2 XLR balanced inputs; 2 TRS balanced/ unbalanced inputs
- Output Connectors: 2 XLR balanced outputs for satellites, one XLR balanced output for additional subwoofer
- Controls: Level; Phase; Subwoofer Frequency; Satellite Frequency
- Switches: Auto on/off; Satellite high-pass output bypass
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 150mV input produces full output with volume control at maximum
- Protection: Over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse, ALC (avoid from hard clipping)
- Indicator: Power On/ Stand-by (red) or Protection (Amber)
- Power Requirements: Factory programmed for either 115V ~50/60Hz, 230V~50/60Hz or
- 100V~50/60Hz; powered via detachable 3-circuit line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
Put some serious bottom into your mixes with one quick click or call!
- Dimensions: 10-1/2"W x 15-1/2"H x x 12"D
- Shipping Weight: 36 lbs.
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
It simply doesn't get any better or tighter than this. Rich adjustable bass, that is easy to configure. I have used Genelec, JBL, Tannoy ect. This one is right up there!
Well, it's fantastic. The sub-networking has no latency (none that I can notice anyway). The sub sounds extremely 'warm' as is advertised from the smooth clipping circuit. Anyway.. it packs a wallop. Combined with BX5's I now have a really nice 2.1 system for cheap.
I was using the BX5a pair for 3 months then I finally ordered the SBX. WOW!!! huge difference in sound. The bass quality is just awesome. it took a while to get the desired sound but after the tweaking it was unbelievable. Totally satisfied.
This is a great addition to the BX8a pair of powered monitors for an unbelievable price. Testing on a variety of sources validates the depth this sub brings to the table. It is also adjustable with a dial for the satellites and a dial for the sub to accomodate a variety of studio set ups
Just got this from musicians friend. I have been using M-Audio BX-5 for a few year in my home studio. The BX-5's are really nice but they laque in the low end. Lots of people will argue this point. If your mixing for radio and some CD, then low end sounds is not as important and it might be otherwise. The problem that I find is that more and more people are using 2.1 and 5.1 and 7.1 systems these days. When I take a mix of mine and listen to it on one of those I realize how important a good bass foundation is. The SBX solves this problem in every way for me. The bass sounds is very clean and it reproduces upper bass freq with out muddieness. Lots of extra headroom. It can be overbearing to me a less than half volume. Matches up well with BX5's and some BX-8's a friend brought over.If your looking for better low end mixing this will slove the problem right away. I can't think of a feature they should have added. Very Happy!!