- H61781 000000000 H61781000000000
Mackie HDA 12" 2-Way High-Definition Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker
- Write a Review
Mackie has earned a reputation for bringing high-end technology into designs that fit the needs and budgets of the working musician. The Mackie HDA H...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An array of possibilities: powerful, scalable, affordable.
Mackie has earned a reputation for bringing high-end technology into designs that fit the needs and budgets of the working musician. The Mackie HDA High-Definition Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker System exemplifies this philosophy, delivering superior performance and unparalleled sonic quality in the most cost-effective constant curvature line array ever created. Powered by 1200W of peak system power, with a coverage pattern of 110 x 20, the compact 12" 2-Way HDA loudspeakers are highly configurable. With acoustic and mechanical design by the award-winning engineering experts at EAW and patented HD audio processing, HDA offers proven line array performance and technology at a price point attainable by more users than ever before.
HDA is a scalable, arrayable solution to many possible applications. This makes it the perfect choice for installers, rental houses or portable PA users that want their system to grow as needed for larger venues. A full HDA array uses four HDAs and two HD1801s per side, rigged for maximum coverage and delivering excellent low frequency directivity. And since the system is scalable, you can easily dial down the array to meet the needs of the venue. Pros on the go can ground stack HDAs on the flybar or on top of an HD1801 for situations without truss, or even pole-mount a couple HDAs on an HD1801 for the ultimate high-output, portable rig.
As you can see, an HDA system delivers unmatched system versatility. But let's take a look at an individual HDA unit to better understand how professional and powerful HDA really is.
Powerful Class-D Fast Recovery Amplification
HDAs are bi-amplified, delivering 1200W of peak system power: 500W RMS for LF, 100W RMS for HF. They use Class-D amplifiers, which are ultra-efficient and cool running, providing all the power needed to push the high-output drivers in a design that is lightweight. Mackie amplifiers incorporate Mackie's Fast Recovery circuitry, which helps to smooth nasty distortion when things get pushed too hard. Power runs are industry standard Neutrik PowerCons with an AC pass-through, reducing clutter and confusion.
Every Mackie loudspeaker features custom-designed drivers perfectly suited for the task at hand. HDA features three drivers, each high-output and designed specifically for use in an HDA system. The HDA features a 12" neodymium woofer with a 3" voice coil to handle the 500W delivered by the dedicated LF amplifier. Designed by EAW, this LF driver delivers deep, rich bass performance in a lightweight neodymium design built to last until the wee hours of the morning.
For the dual 1.7" HF compression drivers, Mackie's turned to the experts at Beyma, well-known for their high-performance drivers. Built using heat-treated titanium diaphragms, the dual HF drivers deliver pristine high-frequencies and are mounted into a custom-designed dual exit horn, providing precise coverage that's as wide as it is awesome.
HDA is a perfectly tuned system that is truly greater than the sum of its parts. Collaboration with the line array experts at Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) made this possible. The engineering team at EAW not only provided acoustical and mechanical design right from the start, they then fine-tuned the system for complete optimization, ensuring maximum efficiency and performance. After all, EAW knows arrays and Mackie like EAW. They always bring the best side dish to a potluck.
HD Digital Processing
Part of Mackie's HD Series, HDA incorporates Mackie's proven HD Digital Processing. Even the most expensive loudspeakers on the market have inherent sonic issues that arise from the very nature of loudspeaker design. Horn-loaded drivers tend to have a "honkiness" to them and there are physical resonances in the upper range of cone drivers that can sound nasty.
Introducing Mackie High-Definition Audio Processing. The key to high-definition live sound is the detailed measurement and analysis of the inherent problems of horns and woofers. After that, the creation and application of some seriously NASA-esque (and patented) acoustic correction algorithms work to correct these very issues. Vocals become clean and intelligible and the highs are smooth and never harsh. The resulting experience is not only high-definition, it is truly a moment of clarity for anyone within earshot.
Simple, but Powerful Array Voicing
Proper array voicing is probably one of the most time-consuming and difficult tasks related to arrays. HDA makes voicing easier than ever with a three-position voicing switch, allowing for easy customization of each box in the array. These optimized settings tailor the low frequency output to the number of boxes in use, keeping the voicing consistent as more boxes are added. If you're only using one or two boxes, you can simply set the switch to the corresponding position and call it a day. For rigs with three or more boxes, use the 3-4 setting and, for larger venues, use the long throw setting to help your top box reach the cheap seats by compensating for high frequency air loss. More advanced users can integrate EAW's Resolution software, which calculates array placement and flybar pickpoints, showing you the resulting coverage for the venue. Array voicing has never been easier or more predictable.
Professional Grade Cabinet
The HDA is meant to last, with a robust all-wood enclosure built using 15mm birch plywood. But it's also built for rigging, featuring proven EAW rigging channels for easy setup and teardown of a vertical array. The dedicated flybar option allows for easy raising and lowering of the entire system. It also has four integral rigging points, or you can pole mount a couple on top of a subwoofer using the dual angle pole cup¦the choice is yours, but know that HDA is "Built-Like-A-Tank" and ready for the road. Toughness is great, but Mackie know that a speaker should also look good and have features that make it easily fit into any venue. That's why the HDA has a sleek, professional look and Mackie's trademark blue light on the front (yes, you can turn it off for stealthy applications). Dang, Mackie's thought of everything.
- 110 x 20 constant curvature line arrayScalable and arrayable with a multitude of configuration optionsMaximum flown system supports up to 4 x HDA and 2 x HD1801 subwoofersHGround stack up to 3 x HDA on HD1801 subwoofer or flybarPole mount up to 2 x HDA on HD1801 subwoofer or tripod using dual angle pole cups
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery amplification LF 500W RMS / 1000W peakHF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- EAW designed acoustics with custom specified transducers 12" neodymium woofer with 3" voice coilDual Beyma 1.7" compression drivers with heat-treated titanium diaphragms
- High-definition audio processing includes: Revolutionary patented acoustic correctionTransducer time alignment and phase correctionPrecision 2-way crossover
- Three-position voicing switch for simple array voicing
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Proven rigging hardwareFour M10 flypointsIntegrated flyware allows easy array setupOptional Flybar and HD1801 subwoofer flyware kit
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (59 lbs / 26.7 kg)
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
- Supported by EAW Resolution prediction software
Upgrade your live sound! Order today
HDA 12" 2-Way High-Definition Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 52 Hz-20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 60 Hz-18 kHz
- Horizonal Coverage (-6 dB): 110 averaged 2 kHz to 10 kHz
- Vertical Coverage (&nash;6 dB): 20 averaged 2 kHz to 10 kHz
- Max peak SPL (Calculated from driver sensitivity and amplifier power) 1: 131 dB
- Max peak SPL (Measured with pink noise, free field at 1 meter, before limiting) 2: 124 dB
- Crossover Point: 1.5 kHz
- Input Type: Female XLR balanced
- Input Impedance: 11 kÎ balanced
- Loop Out: Male XLR balanced
- 1-2: Voicing for an array with 1-2 HDAs
- 3-4: Voicing for an array with 3-4 HDAs
- 3-4 Long Throw: Long Throw Voicing for an array with 3-4 HDAs
- Rated Power: 500 watts RMS 1000 watts peak
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class D
- Rated Power: 100 watts RMS 200 watts peak
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class D
- Diameter: 12 in (305 mm)
- Voice Coil Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
- Diaphragm Material: Paper
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.7 in (43 mm)
- Horn Entry Diameter: 0.75 in (18 mm)
- Diaphragm Material: Mylar
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- US: 100 - 120 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 200W
- EU, CN: 200 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 200W
- AC Mains Connector: Locking Neutrik PowerCon A 20 amp, 250VAC Max input 800W
- AC Loop Connector: Locking Neutrik PowerCon B 20 amp, 250VAC Max output 600W
- RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection
- Basic Design: Trapezoidal, 20 included angle
- Cabinet: 15 mm exterior grade premium birch plywood
- Finish: High durability black paint
- Handles: One on each side
- Grille: Powder-coated galvanized steel
- Fly Points: Four M10 x 1.5 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 C; 32 - 104 F
- Height: 14.7 in (373 mm)
- Width: 24.7 in (628 mm)
- Depth: 15.9 in (405 mm)
- Net Weight: 59 lb (26.7 kg)
- Pole mount, integral rigging flybar, stack on top or fly underneath subwoofer(s), or fly via 4 integrated M10 mounting points (using M10 x 1.5 x 37 mm forged shoulder eyebolts).
- PA-A2 Forged Shoulder Eyebolt Kit (4 x M10 x 1.5 mm x 37 mm) P/N 0028272
- SPM200 Loudspeaker Pole Mount
- FB121 HDA Flybar
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
Comments about Mackie HDA 12" 2-Way High-Definition Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker:
If you want serious outdoor sound, these speakers will not disappoint. I was using SRM450v2 for Front-of-House but as you know, they are great at just being point and shoot speakers. The HDAs are amazing fidelity with even coverage. I only have to user one per side. They will easily handle a baseball infield. Just awesome!