- Product 241725
Mackie Onyx Satellite / Tracktion Recording Package
- Write a Review
This package bundles the Mackie Onyx Satellite Recording Interface, M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor, MXL 990 Condenser Microphone with Shoc...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A complete hi-fidelity recording system.
This package bundles the Mackie Onyx Satellite Recording Interface, M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor, MXL 990 Condenser Microphone with Shockmount, Live Wire RCA-1/4" Dual Patch Cable, and the ProLine Tripod Boom Microphone Stand. In one convenient package, this gives you a revolutionary two-part, modular FireWire computer recording system; M-Audio fidelity in a portable active desktop monitor; a large diaphragm condenser mic; a patch cable; a mic cable; and a sturdy mic stand.
Mackie Onyx Satellite Recording Interface: a revolutionary 2-part, modular FireWire computer recording system
The Onyx Satellite FireWire Recording System features a sleek, portable FireWire recording pod and dedicated Base Station. The FireWire bus-powered recording pod has two premium Onyx preamps and top-notch 24-bit/96kHz capable A/D and D/A converters. The Pod easily secures into place on the Base Station for A/C power and additional I/O, turning the system into a two-input, six-output FireWire audio interface with an advanced input-patching matrix, talkback, monitoring, and surround speaker control.
The Satellite System's two inputs can be switched between mic, instrument or balanced line input sources, and its six-channel volume control provides for surround sound mixing. Its control room section provides for switching between two separate monitor outputs for multiple monitor speaker setups.
Both Mac and PC compatible, the Satellite System works with all ASIO and Core Audio compatible software. It comes bundled with a full version of Mackie's award-winning Tracktion 2 software, providing a complete out-of-the-box recording setup with professional features like a 64-bit high-definition mix engine, unlimited track count, ReWire and VST support, MIDI controller mapping, external synchronization, and integrated support for Mackie Control Universal and C4 control surfaces. Also included is a full set of Mackie's Mixing and Mastering plug-ins.
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor: M-Audio fidelity in portable active desktop monitors that won't break the bank
These active monitors feature generous built-in amplification, custom-tuned cabinets, optimized speaker design, and advanced crossover technology for the best possible sound. Magnetic shielding prevents interference with your computer and video monitors.
Stereo Auxiliary Input and Headphone Output
For maximum flexibility, a stereo aux input allows you to plug in a secondary audio source (such as your portable music player) in addition to the main RCA inputs in the back. The volume control works on both inputs simultaneously. Additionally, there is a stereo headphone output next to the aux jack that mutes the sound coming out of the speakers and redirects it to your headphones.
The custom bass reflex port design discharges very low-frequency signals and delivers a smooth, substantial bass response. Need more? The rear-panel bass boost gives you additional low-frequency gain and makes the monitors versatile for different spaces and listening preferences.
High-frequency audio signals tend to be fairly directional. That's why speaker stands are included to help point your StudioPro 3s directly at your ears for an optimal listening sweet spot.
Provides a more stable performance with a special medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and unique interior reinforcement designed to absorb vibration and impact generated under extreme conditions. Includes carefully placed acoustic material that makes the StudioPro 3's sound much bigger than they are--resulting in a smooth, natural bass response.
MXL 990 Condenser Microphone with Shockmount
The MXL 990 Condenser Microphone with Shockmount has a silky, sweet high-end while retaining tight, solid low and midrange reproduction. The 3/4" gold-sputtered diaphragm creates a professional sound suited for digital and analog recording. Attractive vintage body style with champagne finish. 30Hz-20kHz frequency response. 130dB maximum SPL. Includes custom shockmount, mic stand adapter, and case.
Live Wire RCA-1/4" Dual Patch Cable
Standard dual cable with RCA male to 1/4" male. For serious-minded musicians, Live Wire cables have the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use. Your cable is your sound. Superior wiring allows your signal to be quiet, eliminating frustrating hums, buzzing, and crackles. Sturdy construction enhances signal and performance. Flexible design eliminates kinks and twists for a tangle-free performance whether you're in the studio or on the stage.
Musicians Gear Lo-Z Microphone Cable
Durable. Flexible. Black. These audio cables feature a male XLR plug on one end, a female on the other.
ProLine Tripod Boom Microphone Stand
The ProLine Tripod Boom Microphone Stand safely and securely maintains the position you set for your microphone to capture the perfect sound -- in the studio or during live performance. Stand features die-cast metal clutches and non-skid legs that keep the stand where you set it. Boom adjusts from 1" - 23". Height adjusts 40" - 67".
- Innovative two-piece FireWire recording system for professional recording to Mac or PC
- Dual Onyx mic preamps for superior sound quality
- 8 inputs (2 active at any time) for connection of microphones, line sources, and instruments
- 6 line-level outputs
- 24-bit/96kHz capable sound quality
- Built-in control room functions include talkback with onboard mic, and A/B monitor switching
- 6-channel volume control allows for surround sound mixing
- FireWire protocol for low latency real time recording
- Satellite pod can be bus-powered for field use, or externally powered
- Works with all ASIO- and Core Audio-compatible software, Mac and PC
- Bundled with Tracktion 2 software for complete recording solution
- Mackie all-metal construction holds up in the field
- 3.25" low-frequency drivers; 1" high-frequency drivers
- Remarkably accurate frequency response and imaging
- Advanced crossover design
- Custom-tuned wood cabinet
- Magnetic shielding prevents computer/video monitor interference
- Vented port design for added bass
- Transportable, compact design is ergonomic and flexible
- Internal standing wave acoustic absorption for greater efficiency
- Bass Boost switch
- Factory programmed for worldwide use
- RCA rear-panel inputs; convenient front-panel 1/8" inputs
- Includes directional stands to optimize listening sweet spot
- 3/4" gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Attractive vintage body style with champagne finish
- 30Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 130dB maximum SPL
- Sensitivity: 15MV/pa
- Equivalent noise: 20dB (A-weighted)
- Type: 2-way desktop reference monitor
- LF driver: 3.25" diameter, magnetically shielded with curved cone with high-temperature voice coil
- HF driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk dome
- Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dynamic range (Maximum Signal-to-Noise Ratio): >80dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input connectors: left and right line input connectors (RCA)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic power: 10 watts into 4 ohms (per channel) at 0.5% distortion
- Input impedance: 10kOhms (unbalanced)
- Input sensitivity: 100mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED ring around on/off/volume knob on front panel
- Power requirements: 100-120V50/60Hz, 220240V50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 5.5"W x 7.9"H x 5.9"D
- Weight: 8.8 lbs./pair (approx., without packing)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I began meddling with computer music back in seventh grade when I got to use Garageband on my family's iMac. Ever since then, I have been interested in writing and (especially) recording my own music.As of the last year, I have been trying to set up a studio in my bedroom that would be able to be mobile if needed. I purchased a Korg MicroKorg, and an M-Audio Axiom 49.Another essential item for a home studio is the audio interface. Now, because I have a MacBook, I wanted to have something that would allow me to be mobile with my laptop, and yet stable when at home.The Mackie ONYX Satellite Base Station is the perfect choice for this kind of need, as it is firewire and designed to work spectacularly with laptops. By plugging in the M-Audio StudioPro 3 monitors (which are decent but by no means the best out there - much better than laptop speakers to be certain) with the dual patch cable that comes with the package, you could have a small studio set up in about ten minutes.Within a week I was off to Seattle for a few days, and took my Korg and the Satellie part of the interface with me. There I recorded several tracks flawlessly in my hotel room (I record with Logic Studio). The only complain is a lack of EQing ability, but that's to be expected in an interface that's meant to take up as little a footprint as possible.The microphone (while it picks up a lot of ambient noise) works amazingly with guitar, piano, and vocals, though you'll want to invest in a pop filter or risk damaging the mic. The mic stand is cheap cheap cheap, which is why the overall quality of the package is not higher. Everything else is built to last (with care, naturally).I couldn't be happier with the package as a whole. Please consider purchasing it if your interests are similar to mine.