- Product 605275
Mackie SA1232z Dual 12" Active High-Definition Professional Speaker
- Write a Review
If you need honest-to-goodness pinpoint accuracy and blistering output, the Super Active Series enclosures fit that description well. They improve up...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A powerhouse loudspeaker with a serious pedigree.
If you need honest-to-goodness pinpoint accuracy and blistering output, the Super Active Series enclosures fit that description well. They improve upon past Mackie award-winning active designs with maximized power, recalibrated active electronics, high-definition neodymium drivers, and extensive acoustic design and tuning by the world-renowned Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) engineering team.
The SA1232z boasts twin 12" long-throw woofers, a 6" mid speaker, and 1-3/4" tweeter backed up by a robust 1,300W of power. Tri-amplification delivers 1,100W to the lows, 100W to the mids, and 100W to the highs. The WaveFront horn maximizes the mid- and high-frequency drivers for ultrawide sound dispersion. Onboard active crossover, time correction, phase alignment, and thermal system protection all work seamlessly to reproduce the signal with the utmost fidelity. System yields a frequency response of 40Hz-20kHz.
- 3-way ultrahigh output active system
- Designed and tuned by EAW loudspeaker team
- Optimized wide-dispersion WaveFront high/mid horn system
- Tri-amplified with independent 1,100W LF, 100W MF, and 100W HF amplifiers
- Electronic crossover filters, time correction, phase alignment, and thermal system protection
- 1-3/4" neodymium HF compression driver
- 6" horn-loaded neodymium mid-frequency transducer
- 2 - 12" LF long-throw woofers with high-temperature voice coils
- 136dB SPL @ 1kHz/1 meter, Frequency Response: 40Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Range (”10 dB): 39 Hz ” 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (”3 dB): 50 Hz ” 18 kHz
- Sound Dispersion: 90x40
- Maximum SPL Long-term @ 1m: 133 dB
- Crossover Points: 700 Hz, 1300 Hz
- Input Protection: Low frequency dynamic bass protection, RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection.
- Basic Design: Trapezoidal, 10" side angles
- Material: 13 mm multi-layered plywood, resin end caps
- Finish: Wear-resistant textured black PVC vinyl
- Handles: One on each side, one top, one bottom
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 50" x 19.1" x 18.1"
- Weight: 132 lbs.
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
These SA1232z speakers are the most acoustically accurate sounding speakers that I have ever used and they have all the power you'll ever need! We bought a pair of them for our bluegrass band and along with our Mackie CFX mixer and a DBX-IEQ these big babies sound AMAZING! The only downfall that I see is they aren't pole stand mountable. We picked up a coulple of heavy duty foldable and adjustable four legged speaker stands and they work fine in most cases but it would be nice if Mackie would offer a stand soloution for this problem. This is the reason for my lower rating in the features category. I would say that they are a bit pricy too but considering the luxury of the built in power amp and the simplicity and convenienc of just plug and play ease it really makes somewhat for up for the extra expense.
My band uses 2 of these along with a Mackie mixer. They were my friends dad's, and he let us use them. Basically, we've played gigs with these for 300-400 people in auditoriums, gigs outside, everywhere. They're sturdy, loud and REALLY clear. I'd recommend them to anyone who can afford them.
The SA1232z's are the best speakers I've ever heard. We have used them for playing giant outdoor shows and just two of those are enough. No need for any big fancy speakers. Loud, these things dont get kinda loud and cut out, they get loud, and dont ever lose any quality, I don't even think its possible for someone to blow these out, I'm pretty sure you would go deaf if you were near them.
I have used many cabs for my pa's but when I hooked into this space shuttle WE TOOK OFF! This is the most simple, powerful and useful tool you can use for a live sound application without a sound man. Lots of bass and the high end to match. Heavy but worth the hernia. If you want to complete your system, use Beta 87's for your vocals!