- Product 600505
Mackie SWA1501 Active Subwoofer System Pair
- Write a Review
The Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer System features a high-precision 15" transducer combined with application-specific amplifier technology. The system is c...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Tons o' thump.
The Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer System features a high-precision 15" transducer combined with application-specific amplifier technology. The system is composed of a single compact subwoofer cabinet with built-in control and amplification.
The transducer used in the SWA1501 bass speaker system features a 3", inside/outside wound voice coil that offers extreme power handling capabilities. The magnetic assembly used features advancements in coil venting and structural cooling that provide lower temperatures and substantially improved power compression characteristics.
The amplifier uses a proprietary high-efficiency, high-current amplifier designed to provide high current levels at all levels of operation. Having access to high current levels, no matter what the power output, is absolutely critical in achieving precise, total control of the woofer mass. This control is responsible for lowering audible distortion artifacts and providing aggressive attack through the operating band pass of the system. The guitar amplifier is mounted on a large, finned aluminum heat sink, and is rated at 500W RMS continuous output.
The SWA1501 powered subwoofer features a sophisticated onboard control system, allowing for flexible integration with active or passive full range or mid/high speaker systems. The input panel accepts a line-level input signal and has loop-out connectors for signal routing to other devices. It also has high-pass output connectors for connection to active full range speakers or amplifiers powering passive full range speakers. All signal routing is through XLR connectors in L+R stereo or mono. There is a phase selection switch and a recessed level control. The system features thermal protection for the power supply and amplifier and also incorporates RMS limiting protection for the amplifier stage that limits the amount of long-term power delivered to the transducer.
The cabinet is constructed using 18mm thick birch plywood and finished in black splatter paint. There is one handle on each side for efficient loading and transport as well as a top, female polemount fixture.
- 128dB peak output
- Extended bass response
- Compact cabinet
- Level control (-15dB to +5dB)
- RCF precision high efficiency 15" woofer
- Drivers are designed specifically for the SWA1501
- 13-ply Baltic birch enclosure finished in black splatter paint
- Cast aluminum side handles
- Signal present LED
- Limit LED (Indicates that active protection circuitry is engaged)
- Acoustic Performance
- Frequency response: 47Hz-120Hz @ -3dB (36Hz-120Hz @ -10dB)
- Max SPL long-term: 125dB
- Max SPL peak: 128dB
- Crossover: 120Hz
- Input: stereo bal/unbal XLR
- Input Impedance: 50k ohms
- Loop-through: stereo bal/unbal XLR
- High-pass output: stereo bal/unbal XLR
- Level control: +/-15dB, recessed rotating knob, center detent
- Phase control: 0° - 180°, recessed sliding switch
- Total power: 500W continuous, 700W peak
- Type: High-efficiency, high-current Class G hybrid
- Rated THD: .03%
- Number of drivers: 1
- Woofer size: 15"
- Voice coil diameter: 3" with inside/outside winding
- Diaphragm material: epoxy-reinforced cellulose
- Magnet type: ferrite
- Line input power: 120VAC, 60Hz, 8A
- AC connector: 3-pin IEC 250VAC, 16A male
- Basic Design: Bass reflex
- Material: 13 mm multi-layered plywood, resin end caps
- Finish: Black Paint
- Handles: One on each side
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 23.5" x 17.2" x 23.7"
- Weight: 88 lbs.