- Product 712524
Mackie Thump TH-18s Powered Subwoofer
- Write a Review
The Mackie TH-18s powered subwoofer speaker delivers powerful, chest-thumping lows that instantly bring massive Thump to any Mackie PA system. Design...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Shake the room with 1000W of low-end boom.
The Mackie TH-18s powered subwoofer speaker delivers powerful, chest-thumping lows that instantly bring massive Thump to any Mackie PA system. Designed by the same team that produced the SRM450v2, the TH-18s has a ported bass reflex design that produces tight low end. And the lightweight, ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery power amplifier delivers 1000W peak power with less risk of thermal overload. This makes the Mackie subwoofer extremely lightweight and portable, without compromising the power and performance that you need”at a price point that doesn't kill your budget.
Shake, Shake, Shake The Room
What does 1000W of peak power mean to you? It means having a subwoofer that delivers rump-shaking bass night after night. It means getting class-leading power and output. To accomplish this, the TH-18s features Class-D Fast Recovery amplification. Class-D amps are more efficient and lightweight, with far less waste heat produced. Fast Recovery means you can occasionally push into clipping without a ton of nasty distortion.
The TH-18s' sound benefits from built-in Mackie Active electronics, like a precision crossover and tuning filters for accurate bass response. This helps the Mackie subwoofer deliver professional low end that you can feel, custom tuned to be tight and punchy.
Paired with a Mackie TH-15A, you have a complete (and completely affordable) plug-and-play system that is ideal for small clubs, DJs, or rehearsal spaces. The Thump subwoofer speaker is also a great match for the popular Mackie SRMv2 Series and can easily integrate into nearly any existing PA setup you may have. The TH-18 speaker has both full-range and high-pass stereo outputs for connection to full-range top boxes. Just dial in the appropriate level and use the polarity switch to make sure the sub is in phase with the top boxes. The integrated pole-cup can accommodate a standard mounting pole, so your favorite speaker has a nice place to sit. If you prefer you can also stack your full-range box right on top of this sturdy Mackie speaker.
The Mackie TH-18 subwoofer gives you what you need without decimating your budget. For its price range, the TH-18 powered subwoofer offers an exceptional amount of power, has a high-output 18" woofer that can be felt from across the room, incorporates features that make it lighter and more portable, and it's made with rigid plywood (not fiberboard) to handle the rigors of the road.
- 1000W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- Mackie Active electronics provide total system optimization
- Precision crossover (125Hz)
- Tuning filters for accurate bass response
- 18-inch woofer delivers superior output and low-frequency extension (aka Thump)
- Dual XLR inputs for mono or stereo applications
- Stereo high-pass and full range outputs
- User-adjustable level and polarity controls
- Individual power, signal, OL, and thermal protect indicators
- Pole receptacle for mounting full-range loudspeakers
- Solid plywood enclosure with high-durability, textured black paint
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Frequency Range (”10dB): 35Hz - 125Hz
- Frequency Response (”3dB): 45Hz - 120Hz
- Maximum SPL Long-Term: 122dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Peak: 125dB SPL @ 1m
- Input Type: Female XLR, Balanced differential (stereo left/right)
- Input Impedance: 50 kOhms balanced bridging
- Loop-through: Male XLR Bal/Unbalanced (parallel with input)
- High Pass: Male XLR Bal/Unbalanced
- Level Control: Rotating knob, ”Inf to15dB
- Sensitivity: ”1dBu for full output (Level Control @ Center), ”11dBu for full output (Level Control @ Max)
- Low Frequency:
- Diameter: 18"/457mm
- Voice coil dia: 4"/102mm
- Low Frequency Power Amplifier
- Rated Power: 500 watts continuous, 1010 watts peak
- THD: < 0.1%
- Design: Class D
- Crossover type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 120Hz
- Input Protection
- Thermal Protection
- DC Protection
- US: 120 VAC, 50”60Hz
- Europe: 240 VAC, 50”60Hz
- Basic Design: Trapezoidal
- Material: MDF and particle board
- Finish: Textured
- Handles: One on each side
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Display LEDs
- Rear: Power ON, OL (overload)
- 20.2"W x 24.1"H x 25.3"D, / 51.3cm x 61.2cm x 64.3cm
- Weight: 88.2lb./40 kg
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Set Up
- Lack Of Power
- Weak Bass
- DJ / Mixing
- Smaller Rooms
Comments about Mackie Thump TH-18s Powered Subwoofer:
I thought it was time to finally add a sub to my 2 12 inch speakers. The sub adds A LOT of power, but the Thump isn't nearly as powerful as I thought it would be. Perhaps all subs around this price are this weak. I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say is test it before using.
Comments about Mackie Thump TH-18s Powered Subwoofer:
The Thump TH-18 powered sub woofer was too boomy when it did work which was about 20 minutes before the overload load light came on and the the speaker shut down and would not reset. returned it and purchased the QSC K subs...very happy with those so far nice tight fast air with the QSC. To be fair the Mackie was a restock item and may have seen some abuse before i got it.