- Product J26939
Magix Catalyst Prepare - Academic Software Download
- Write a Review
The ultimate preproduction assistant that allows you to easily and intuitively browse storage devices, create and view clips, edit metadata, transcod...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Sony's ultimate production assistant software.
The ultimate preproduction assistant that allows you to easily and intuitively browse storage devices, create and view clips, edit metadata, transcode to a wide variety of pro formats, load media onto production drives, and more. Media production is growing more complicated. Turnaround times are getting tighter. You need a tool that eases the workload on your editor, ensuring that projects meet their deadlines. With Catalyst Prepare, you can quickly identify the right footage to deliver, in the correct format, with your desired folder and clip-naming structure, even when using a variety of popular cameras. Jumpstart the editing and review process by creating a rough cut storyboard with a quick initial color grade, then render it out directly or export an EDL for use in popular NLEs.
Import mode enables browsing of multiple devices. Connect cameras, decks, and card readers, and preview clips in detail. View clips as thumbnails, or as lists with associated metadata. Copy all media, selected media, or portions of selected media to production drives and backup drives. Create full camera card backups with strong checksum verification, and rest assured that you have perfect copies of your assets before reformatting.
In Organize Mode, create project-specific libraries and folders; rename files and move them between folders; create, render, and export storyboards; and upload media to Ci, the cloud-based media production workspace by Sony.
View details, zoom into every corner, mark in/out points, edit metadata, adjust colors nondestructively, and create a storyboard to rough draft your vision.
Export a file, a group of files, or a storyboard. Render to .MP4, DPX, OpenEXR, ProRes, or XAVC in a variety of resolutions and frame rates, or securely upload to the Sony cloud-based media production workspace, Ci.
Academic & Non-Profit Pricing Eligibility
Qualified customers can receive special academic pricing on Sony software products. To receive special pricing, you must be a qualified student, faculty member, staff member, or an accredited institution. You will need to provide proof of your academic status. See specifications for more details.
- System requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD; 8 cores recommended for 4K)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU with support for the following:
- OpenGL 2.1
- OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 512 MB of memory (2 GB recommended for 4K) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
Priced affordably for students and teachers, order today!
Catalyst Prepare - Academic Software Download
- Academic Version Eligibility:
- Primary and secondary school students ” must be enrolled at accredited public or private primary or secondary school that offers full time instruction.
- University and college students ” must be enrolled at an accredited college or university including vocational schools, community colleges, or junior colleges that grant higher education degrees.
- School faculty and staff ” teachers, staff and people employed by accredited primary or secondary schools, public or private universities and colleges, school district and board of education personnel.
- Homeschooled students and homeschool teachers.
- Non-Profit Organizations:Available to organization (not individuals).
- What type of identification is required?
- Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Dated Student ID card
- Dated Faculty ID card
- Dated Staff ID card
- Purchase order from non-profit organization indicating 501c status
- Note: For K-12, a letter from the school on their letterhead is also required.