- Product 620901
Manley BACKBONE (DB25 Connectors)
- Write a Review
Winner of the 2009 TEC award, the Manley BACKBONE Mastering Insert Switcher accepts up to three balanced source inputs, selectable on the left side. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The centerpiece of a mastering system allowing control of up to eight pieces of outboard gear.
Winner of the 2009 TEC award, the Manley BACKBONE Mastering Insert Switcher accepts up to three balanced source inputs, selectable on the left side. Left and right can be reversed and Abolute Polarity can be flipped. The 24 position input & Output gains can be switched active or left passive. Up to 8 inserts can be switched in or bypassed. A Sum - Difference MS Matrix can be addressed between inserts 2 and 3. The order of inserts 4 & 5 can be swapped. The Manley Backbone is an injection point between inputs 7 & 8 to allow for several functions on the 3-Function mix - Fade output control. You can mix in the Difference signal from the input. This mixes in some out of phase signal from the input to the output in order to widen the image if desired. OR you can mix in a parallel signal in between inserts 7 & 8. A lot of folks run a reverb or parallel compressor in this fashion. Or you can use the knob as a fader to make smooth and accurate level fades with the Penny & Giles rotary fader.
This Manley Backbone comes with DB25 connectors for the INSERTS I/O. Cables sold separately.
- 3 x Balanced Stereo Inputs
- 8 x Balanced Stereo Inserts
- Selected Input can be mixed to parallel outputs
- Patchable SEND and RETURN
- Balanced signal path all the way
- Left - Right Reverse Switch
- Absolute Polarity Reverse Switch
- Bypass GAINS makes passive signal path
- Over 90 nice relays employed
- EAO switch buttons can be easily custom labeled
- INPUT and OUTPUT GAINS use 4 x 24 position Grayhill switch attenuators
- SUM - DIFFERENCE (MS Matrix) can be used for Inserts 2 & 3
- Separate SUM and DIFFERENCE outputs available on rear panel
- SWAP order button can be used to reverse the order for Inserts 4 & 5
- MIX - FADE injection between 7 & 8 with mode select
- Expensive Penny & Giles rotary fader/mixer
- Bulletproof MANLEY build quality
Get the flexibility and control you need in your studio! Order today.
BACKBONE (DB25 Connectors)
- Frequency Response: ±0.1 dB, 10Hz-100KHz
THD + Noise @ +4 dBu input level: 0.0015% A-WGT
THD + Noise @ +22 dBu input level: 0.0011% A-WGT
IMD60 4:1@ +4 dBu input level: 0.0017%
IMD60 4:1@+22 dBu input level: 0.0035%
Crosstalk Rejection: > 95dB @ 1 kHz between Gains and Mix-Fade Stages
Crosstalk Rejection: > 70db @ 1Khz at SUM-DIF stage
Common Mode Rejection: > 100dB @ 100Hz; > 95dB @ 1KHz; > 80dB @ 10KHz
Noise floor: -95 dBu, Bandwidth 22Hz-22KHz A-WGT
Maximum Signal Level: +28dBu
Dynamic Range: 124dB
Input Impedance: 30K ohms
Output Impedance: 150 ohms
Input/Output Stepped Gain Switches accuracy: ± 0.05dB
Power Consumption: 60 watts
Mains Fuse: 0.5A @ 100-120VAC; 0.25A @ 220 œ 240VAC
Mains Fuse type: 5mm x 20mm SLO-BLO GDC glass fuse, 250V AC rating
NOTE: Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC
as indicated on the serial number badge. The power transformer in this unit must be rewired in order to change mains operating voltage.
Unit Size: 19" x 10" x 3.5" (occupies 2u) Note: add 5" behind unit for cable allowance
Unit Weight: 13 lbs.
Shipping Weight: 19 dim. (international); 17 lbs. (USA)
Shipping Box Dimensions: 23" x 15" x 9"